The Quality and Reliability Engineer will be responsible for developing a quality assurance program for the Ayar Labs products. Responsibilities include defining quality and reliability requirements for product qualification, planning and performing reliability test, designing reliability test structures, resolving quality excursion, and doing failure analysis. Work as a part of a small team in a dynamic startup environment, driving product, process, and package qualification. The ideal candidate is a hands-on self-starter who is able to develop and complete work based on input from colleagues, and who can effectively manage his or her own time to take projects to completion with limited supervision and guidance.
- BS, MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Materials Science, and Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent skills and/or experience;
- Experience with reliability engineering in microelectronics or photonics
- Experience with hardware and equipment setup for test of life, electrical, environmental, ESD, fatigue, etc.
- Experience in reliability analysis such as lifetime analysis, accelerated factor studies, and reliability modeling
- Knowledge of electronic and photonics reliability failure modes and failure mechanisms
- Familiar with statistics and reliability mathematics
- Experience with system level and device level reliability qualification and lifetime behavior model
- Knowledge of Telcordia (Bellcore) and JEDEC quality related standards;
- Experience in failure analysis techniques: SEM, x-section, FIB, x-ray, CSAM, etc.;
- Familiar with IC fabrication, electronic/photonics packaging and test methods;
- 5+ years of experience in microelectronics and photonics quality and reliability engineering
About Ayar Labs
At Ayar Labs we are lighting up electronics for a brighter future. With our deep ties to MIT and UC Berkeley, and our commitment to hiring the best engineers in photonics and electronics, joining our team gives you the opportunity to collaborate with brilliant people on challenging, paradigm-shifting work. Our optical I/O technology removes the bottlenecks created by today’s electrical I/O, making it possible to continue the computing system performance scaling that Moore’s Law enabled until now. We have a commitment to win big in the marketplace based on the strengths of our technology, and we approach everything with an eye to massive scalability. We believe that deep cross-collaboration between teams facilitated by honest, open debate is the best way to achieve big wins, leveraging our patent portfolio which promises products that deliver orders of magnitude improvements in latency, bandwidth density, and power consumption. We offer a comprehensive benefits plan designed to keep our team healthy and happy.