Inscopix has developed a miniaturized, real-time, brain mapping platform - enabling radically new approaches to understanding the brain. The Company is not only advancing the mechanistic understanding of the brain at the level of neural circuits and networks, but also paving the way for incisive new insights into healthy brain function and next generation diagnostic treatments and therapeutics for brain disorders.
We are seeking an Embedded Systems Engineer to design and develop the firmware that bridges our neuro-imaging hardware and data acquisition software. You will collaborate with an interdisciplinary team of neuroscientists, data scientists and engineers from software, mechanical, optical and electrical engineering fields. You will also work closely with product management to translate functional requirements into production level embedded systems software.
- Design, build, test, and troubleshoot hardware, firmware, and embedded software for data acquisition electronics and embedded imaging systems.
- Lead continuous integration, build and test of software releases.
- Lead System verification and validation.
- Adapt system software to support manufacturing testing.
- Collaborate with product management and science group to translate user needs to system requirements.
- MS / PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years industry experience developing embedded systems software.
- Proficiency in C/C++ and Python for developing embedded systems.
- Experience developing Linux device drivers.
- Experience working with embedded interfaces and protocols including wireless (USB3.0, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, MIPI, etc.)
- Experience with GStreamer pipeline development
- Experience working with image sensors
- Knowledge of video compression methods and standards
- Experience with hardware-accelerated image processing pipelines (OpenCV, OpenGL, CUDA)
- Real-Time Operating System (RTOS) experience
How to Apply:
Please forward cover letter and resume
Decoding the neural language of the brain is the defining scientific challenge and opportunity of the 21st Century. Inscopix is a discovery phase neurotechnology company based in Palo Alto developing a platform and full stack for real-time brain mapping. Our team brings together deep domain expertise in neuroscience, physics, engineering, software development, and data science and is enabling radically new approaches to understanding the brain in health and disease. Inscopix’s neurotechnologies and the knowledge that they foster will transform human existence, from alleviating the suffering caused by debilitating brain disorders, to the development of advanced artificial intelligence, to a more profound understanding of what makes us the dominant species on Planet Earth. nVista and nVoke, our flagship products, are in use today at over 350 research institutions across the world, and have resulted in over 65 top-tier scientific publications on learning, memory, cognition, and on the brain circuits implicated in diseases such as Parkinson’s. Our instrumentation products are accompanied with sophisticated data analysis software as part of end-to-end solutions for generating and analyzing brain activity data. Inscopix has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, and by Deloitte as one of North America’s fastest growing technology companies.
Inscopix is an equal employment opportunity employer.