With the availability of our new robot Digit, customers can, for the first time, apply agile bipedal mobility to solve real world problems. Equipped with Agility’s mobility controller, perception, and arms, Digit can move through and interact with the world. This capability expands our markets to logistics, inspection, defense, telepresence and entertainment. Agility must rapidly expand production to meet demand and we need a dynamic, creative and seasoned leader to make it happen.
Agility’s VP of Manufacturing will have experience transitioning a start-up assembly operation into a lean manufacturer of sophisticated electro-mechanical systems. He or she will inspire our talented production group to tackle new production, quality and cost control goals and equip them with the training, tools, processes and best practices to succeed in a high growth, dynamic environment. At the same time, the VP of Manufacturing will possess the strategic vision to plan and equip new production facilities, forge new domestic and international supplier relationships, and build a high performance product delivery organization. If you’re excited about the opportunity to scale deployment of the world’s first commercially-available humanoid robot, you should apply.
The successful candidate should be an excellent coach, mentor, communicator and leader and have:
- Greater than 15 years of progressive leadership experience in all aspects of electromechanical assembly and procurement, with preference given to candidates with specific experience in manufacturing of robotic hardware.
- Demonstrated record of recruiting, hiring and inspiring strong performers to create or bolster supply chain, robot assembly and testing, quality, and manufacturing engineering functions.
- A proven track record of improving quality, reducing costs and improving product margin as experience and volumes increase.
- Successfully sourced, implemented and operated manufacturing information systems such as ERP, shop floor control, process measurement and control, production reporting, and supplier management.
- Sourced world class suppliers and hold them accountable for schedule, cost, and quality.
- Demonstrated the ability to build strong, collaborative relationships with design engineers and management and help source and implement a Product Life Cycle Management system.
- The experience to successfully manage rapid production year over year growth through effective strategic planning, organizational and new facility development and crafting creative partnerships with suppliers and contract manufacturers.
- An engineering degree or fifteen years of engineering-related experience.
- Competitive compensation package
- Equity for all employees
- Employer-matched 401K retirement plan
- High quality heath, dental and vision insurance
- Five weeks vacation
- Unlimited sick days
- Strong work-life balance emphasis