Inscopix, a discovery phase neurotechnology company, is expanding its business and building-out its Science and Engineering teams. We are seeking a talented, creative, and self-motivated Bioengineer Research Scientist with a penchant for innovating outside the lines and who is passionate about developing the next generation of breakthrough innovations for the neuroscience market.
As a Bioengineer Research Scientist, you will be a key member of the Science team and involved in developing novel approaches and new tools for delivering viruses, drugs and other biological reagents to specific cell types and regions of the mammalian brain - enabling large-scale observation and modulation of neural circuit activity. You will have the unique opportunity to work and thrive in an interdisciplinary environment of top-notch scientists and engineers.
- The preparation of novel biomaterials and the characterization of their functional performance and biocompatibility
- The design of AAV vectors for contract manufacturing and the performance of physical and functional titration and viral particle visualization and measurement assays
- The design and preparation of prototype devices incorporating AAV vectors and novel biomaterials for in vivo testing
- PhD in Biomedical Engineering or a related field
- Strong background in biomaterials, preferably as it relates to controlled release of biomolecules (e.g., viruses) in mammalian tissues/organs
- Experience preparing novel biomaterials, and characterizing their functional performance and biocompatibility
- Experience designing and preparing prototype devices incorporating novel biomaterials for in vivo testing
- Proficiency with common molecular biology techniques
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A desire to work with amicable, energetic, interdisciplinary teams
- Strong publication record
- Experience with synthetic organic chemistry
- Experience with in vivo validation of biomaterials and vectors, including rodent stereotaxic surgeries and immunohistochemistry
- Experience in AAV vector design and production
- Experience with assays for AAV plasmid characterization, viral titration and purity
How to Apply:
Please forward cover letter and resume
Decoding the neural language of the brain is the defining scientific challenge and opportunity of the 21st Century. Inscopix is a discovery phase neurotechnology company based in Palo Alto developing a platform and full stack for real-time brain mapping. Our team brings together deep domain expertise in neuroscience, physics, engineering, software development, and data science and is enabling radically new approaches to understanding the brain in health and disease. Inscopix’s neurotechnologies and the knowledge that they foster will transform human existence, from alleviating the suffering caused by debilitating brain disorders, to the development of advanced artificial intelligence, to a more profound understanding of what makes us the dominant species on Planet Earth. nVista and nVoke, our flagship products, are in use today at over 350 research institutions across the world, and have resulted in over 65 top-tier scientific publications on learning, memory, cognition, and on the brain circuits implicated in diseases such as Parkinson’s. Our instrumentation products are accompanied with sophisticated data analysis software as part of end-to-end solutions for generating and analyzing brain activity data. Inscopix has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, and by Deloitte as one of North America’s fastest growing technology companies.
Inscopix is an equal employment opportunity employer.