Inscopix has developed a miniaturized, real-time, brain mapping platform - enabling radically new approaches to understanding the brain. The Company is not only advancing the mechanistic understanding of the brain at the level of neural circuits and networks, but also paving the way for incisive new insights into healthy brain function and next generation diagnostic treatments and therapeutics for brain disorders.
As an Engineer, you will be a key member of the R&D Engineering team and involved in developing sophisticated, miniaturized opto-mechanical and opto-electronic devices for large-scale observation and modulation of neural circuit activity. You will have the unique opportunity to work and thrive in an interdisciplinary environment of top-notch engineers and neuroscientists.
- Explore and initiate development of novel methods for use in in vivobrain imaging
- Design custom optical, mechanical and/or electronic components/systems
- Bring optical (imaging) systems from concept to prototype
- Support knowledge transfer to manufacturing
- PhD in Optical Engineering, Mechanical engineering, Electrical and Computer engineering and/or Systems engineering with extensive working experience in optical imaging systems
- 5+ years of experience
- A creative mind with passion for exploring and developing unconventional imaging techniques
- Experience with imaging systems design
- Experience designing optical systems with optical CAD tools (e.g., Zemax, both sequential and non-sequential modes)
- Ability to independently bring ideas and concepts to a proof-of-concept device and prototype
- Experience with characterization and testing of optical/imaging systems
- Proficiency with Python
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Optical quality test methods
- Computational imaging methods
- Knowledge of fluorescence imaging methods
- Electronics hardware design
How to Apply:
Please forward cover letter and resume
Decoding the neural language of the brain is the defining scientific challenge and opportunity of the 21st Century. Inscopix is a discovery phase neurotechnology company based in Palo Alto developing a platform and full stack for real-time brain mapping. Our team brings together deep domain expertise in neuroscience, physics, engineering, software development, and data science and is enabling radically new approaches to understanding the brain in health and disease. Inscopix’s neurotechnologies and the knowledge that they foster will transform human existence, from alleviating the suffering caused by debilitating brain disorders, to the development of advanced artificial intelligence, to a more profound understanding of what makes us the dominant species on Planet Earth. nVista and nVoke, our flagship products, are in use today at over 350 research institutions across the world, and have resulted in over 65 top-tier scientific publications on learning, memory, cognition, and on the brain circuits implicated in diseases such as Parkinson’s. Our instrumentation products are accompanied with sophisticated data analysis software as part of end-to-end solutions for generating and analyzing brain activity data. Inscopix has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, and by Deloitte as one of North America’s fastest growing technology companies.
Inscopix is an equal employment opportunity employer.