Inscopix, a discovery phase neurotechnology company, is seeking an experienced Sales Representative to partner with our existing NA Sales Managers to lead our field sales efforts in North America - Mid-Atlantic. The position will provide the opportunity for an experienced sales professional to take on a primary role at a company that stands to make a major impact on the field of neuroscience. The Sales Representative will focus on placing the nVista and nVoke technology, and associated consumables, within Universities, Institutes and Commercial laboratories. Ideal candidates should have a track record of closing sales opportunities for instrumentation/capital equipment in the life science research solutions industry. The ideal candidate will have aptitude for developing relationships and directly interacting with Principal Investigators and Group Leaders in person across a variety of Universities and Institutes.
- Prospect, qualify and generate sales by researching and identifying target customer labs
- Close sales and achieve quarterly sales quotas for nVista and nVoke system packages
- Pursue sales prospects by providing on-site sales presentations, technical consultations, and evaluations of scientific fit
- Work closely with the product and technical teams (field application scientist and in-house Application Science team) to field customer inquiries and provide accurate technical information
- Manage sales pipeline and track progression of opportunities
- Update and manage Salesforce CRM database to track Sales activities
- Report and forecast on sales of nVista and nVoke systems, commutators and consumables
- Analyze key metrics surrounding progression of sales opportunities to optimize sales cycle and value propositions
- Represent Inscopix at scientific meetings and conferences
- Remain knowledgeable and current on changes and developments in the neuroscience community
- Bachelor’s Degree in Life Science with Neuroscience background. Advanced Neuroscience degrees preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of field sales experience preferably selling to neuroscience labs.
- Track record of over-achieving quota.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, lead and implement projects both independently and with support from others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work directly with all levels of the organization as well as with customers.
- Strong listening and presentation skills.
- Salesforce: familiar with generating reports and creating custom fields.
- Moderate travel (50-60%) for customer visits and conferences.
- Home-based position in a location served by a major airport.
Salary and Benefits
The job will be retributed with a combination of monthly fixed salary and quarterly commissions based on sales accrued in the assigned territory. A laptop will be provided together with reimbursements for mobile phone and home internet bills.
How to Apply
Please forward cover letter and resume
Decoding the neural language of the brain is the defining scientific challenge and opportunity of the 21st Century. Inscopix is a discovery phase neurotechnology company based in Palo Alto developing a platform and full stack for real-time brain mapping. Our team brings together deep domain expertise in neuroscience, physics, engineering, software development, and data science and is enabling radically new approaches to understanding the brain in health and disease. Inscopix’s neurotechnologies and the knowledge that they foster will transform human existence, from alleviating the suffering caused by debilitating brain disorders, to the development of advanced artificial intelligence, to a more profound understanding of what makes us the dominant species on Planet Earth. nVista and nVoke, our flagship products, are in use today at over 300 research institutions across the world, and have resulted in over 50 top-tier scientific publications on learning, memory, cognition, and on the brain circuits implicated in diseases such as Parkinson’s. Our instrumentation products are accompanied with sophisticated data analysis software as part of end-to-end solutions for generating and analyzing brain activity data. Inscopix has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, and by Deloitte as one of North America’s fastest growing technology companies.
Inscopix is an equal employment opportunity employer.