RapidSOS is hiring! Join a rapidly growing advanced emergency technology start-up in solving one of the greatest challenges of our generation:
- Challenge: Most emergencies globally are managed via 1960s analog tech (10,000+ fatalities in the US annually when 911 callers can’t even be located) – See John Oliver on the challenge
- Markets: $100B+ spent annually to have data verbally relayed to 911/first responders via private call centers (ADT, OnStar, LifeAlert, etc.)
- Customers/Partners: Apple, Google, Uber, Waze, Microsoft, etc.
- Tech: Integrated into 10k+ public safety software systems – RapidSOS provides a mission-critical voice & data platform for 250M Americans
- Media: 1,500 news stories in 2018 including most major outlets (Apple Press Release, TechCrunch WSJ, CBS, Today Show, NYT, WIRED, Time, Fortune, Forbes 30U30, etc.)
- Team: MIT, Harvard, Yale, Wharton, Google, Oracle, Microsoft, Argonne & Oak Ridge National Labs, Bell Labs, venture capital, over 40 tech start-ups
- Investors: $70M of capital raised from preeminent global investors including several top VCs, Microsoft, and former leadership of Apple, AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Lucent, Raytheon, and three former FCC Chairmen
- Video: RapidSOS 3-Min Summary Video
What this role is about:
RapidSOS is expanding its global reach into the LATAM market. We are looking for a Project Manager who will be responsible for managing global LATAM projects, including coordination of completion of projects on time, within budget, and within scope. The Project Manager will oversee all aspects of projects, including but not limited to, setting deadlines, monitoring and tracking the progress of projects, and communicating project status to all appropriate stakeholders. You will hold responsibility for maintaining the customer relationship and overall client satisfaction through strong client advocacy and facilitating communication, collaboration, and continual service improvement.
What you’ll do if chosen for this role:
- Serve as the central point of contact and manage day-to-day partner relations for all of our clients operating in the region
- You will travel in and around LATAM, when needed, to deliver an excellent launch, and ongoing, experience for strategic accounts
- Lead the deployment and integration of RapidSOS into 9-1-1 centers in Latin America
- Facilitate, develop and manage training plans to ensure clients are equipped to effectively utilize the RapidSOS Clearinghouse
- Being an advocate for our clients regarding issues they are having and capturing client input for new product features
- Support RapidSOS Engineering team with Project Management oversight for software integrations
- Partner with sales/commercial reps, both at RapidSOS and partner organizations, to ensure they have the information required to drive understanding and adoption of RapidSOS platform with ingress and egress partners
- Work closely with RapidSOS’ Product, Commercial and marketing teams to message the value of partner integrations in-market to drive adoption
What We Offer
- The chance to work with a passionate team on solving one of the largest challenges
- The chance to make an impact on public safety throughout Latin America
- Competitive salary and benefits and equity participation
- Dynamic, flexible and fun start-up work environment with a highly talented team
Experience and Requirements
- Bilingual with strong written and verbal communication skills in Spanish (preferably native speaker)
- Extensive experience defining and reporting on metrics to support organizational goals.
- Ability to develop and maintain project plans, identify resource needs, and manage project schedule
- Collaborate effectively across teams to define strategy, goals, and commitment to timelines and deliverables.
- Willingness and ability to travel (including relevant passport/visa requirements) between the U.S. and the main cities in Latin America
- Project management or business development experience, preferably in a tech-related field
- Ability to learn quickly, work independently and multi-task
(Nice to have)
- Experience working with public sector institutions in Latin America, preferably México
- Based in México
- Understanding of wireless location technology (aGPS, device-based hybrid, AML, ELS)
- A strong public safety background, including familiarity with CPE/Call-taking, CAD, Mapping, and other 9-1-1 technologies
If you're curious to learn more about RapidSOS, you can check out our full press list! RapidSOS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.