The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
- Design, build, and test advanced rocket engines and propulsion systems.
- Support propulsion system design through all phases from preliminary design and analysis to detailed design, integration, test, and qualification.
- Develop test programs and processes, analyze data and test results, and troubleshoot propulsion hardware and performance.
- Work with manufacturing engineers to develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods using knowledge of product design, materials and parts, assembly methods, and quality control standards.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- An undergraduate or graduate degree (BS/MS/PhD) in aerospace/mechanical engineering or related field and 5+ years of experience developing propulsion systems and components.
- Experience with propulsion design, testing, integration, and qualification.
- Strong understanding of launch vehicle propulsion systems and components.
- Knowledge of Injector and Regeneratively Cooled Combustion Chamber design, analysis, and test.
- ProE/CREO experience or equivalent with an understanding and application of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) per ASME Y14.5-1994.
- Experience managing subcontractors, suppliers, and vendors.
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Experience leading small teams in complex engineering projects.
- Experience with powder bed additive manufacturing and automation techniques.
- Familiarity with industry-standard propulsion design and analysis codes.
- Experience developing propulsion system design and analysis codes.
- 10+ years experience developing liquid rocket engines.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.