Relativity seeks a highly talented Senior Test Operations Engineer to join a rapidly growing space startup. This position will help build the core of our propulsion capability via the development and operation of a world-class test facility for components, engines, and complete stages. This person will work closely with test article Responsible Engineers to establish requirements and objectives and develop and execute processes and procedures to support the test operations of Relativity’s facilities at Stennis. In addition, this role will support the design, fabrication, and modification, of fluid/electronic systems pertaining to the Stennis test facilities.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
Our mission is to change the people’s conception of the way rockets are built and flown. As a Senior Test Operations Engineer, you will be part of a team defining and executing testing operations from engines to integrated launch vehicle stages. The Stennis Site is a core pillar in the Relativity organization and the cornerstone for test operations on the path to launch.
You will work with a team of engineers, technicians and other support personnel to operate the company’s world-class facilities with industry leading test automation seeking high quality results. Expectations are for rapid test execution through the use of operations best practices and innovative solutions to new test challenges. We strive to make test operations as close to launch as possible.
You will directly interface with the Senior Manager of Propulsion Test and test article Responsible Engineers in the Relativity organization to ensure program objectives for Stennis are clearly defined and provide regular status on progress towards technical milestones. The success of the team is also highly dependent on your willingness to help build and mentor a world class test site team.
In order to be successful in this role, you should be someone who thrives in ambiguity and is able to amplify a growing technical and test operations focused team with a track record of success. Ideally, you are someone who has come from a fast paced, aerospace environment, having completed difficult projects while collaborating effectively with other key groups particularly from a remote site.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- An undergraduate or graduate degree (BS/MS/PhD) in engineering, project management or related field with demonstrated experience
- 5+ years of relevant Propulsion Test Operations experience with hazardous/high pressure systems
- Experience working on multidisciplinary teams
- Experience developing processes and procedures
- Basic understanding of high pressure, cryogenic, fluid system design
- User-level understanding of instrumentation and data/control systems
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Experience with at least one coding language
- Experience in a startup or agile development environment
- Experience using 3D modeling software such as CREO
- Experience in propulsion and structural test stand design and construction
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.