Relativity seeks a Senior Vehicle Loads & Dynamics Engineer to help achieve our ambitious goal of launching a 3D printed rocket. The successful candidate will have demonstrated technical excellence in aerospace loads analysis and testing. This position is ideal for experienced dynamics engineers looking for a lead role with broad technical authority and responsibility in a small, high-performance team.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
- Develop loads and vibration levels for Terran 1 systems, components, and payloads using empirical, experimental, and analytical approaches as required
- Define and execute loads analyses (e.g. Liftoff, Max Q, MECO), modal testing campaigns, flight data analyses, and other relevant loads activities
- Develop vehicle operational concepts (conops) across the Terran 1 mission profile in close collaboration with the GNC, Launch, Structures, Avionics, and Propulsion teams
- Build internal capability to develop and communicate loads, including custom toolsets, commercial code, databases, and data processing tools
- Guide and mentor responsible hardware engineers to ensure hardware meets dynamics requirements
- Direct consultants and contractors in supporting loads and test activities
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- An undergraduate degree in engineering or related field and 5+ years relevant experience
- Expertise in loads and vibration (aerospace preferred)
- Experience with coupled loads analysis, component mode synthesis, random vibration analysis, and NASTRAN
- Vehicle program experience from concept through V&V/certification
- Experience solving complex dynamics problems on integrated vehicles
- Proficiency in an engineering scripting language, such as MATLAB or Python
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Graduate degree (MS/PhD) in engineering or related field and 10+ years relevant experience
- Hands-on experience with modal testing, instrumentation, and data analysis
- Experience with separation analyses (rigid and/or flexible body)
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.