RapidSOS is hiring! Join a rapidly growing advanced emergency technology start-up in solving one of the greatest challenges of our generation:
- Challenge: Most emergencies globally are managed via 1960s analog tech (10,000+ fatalities in the US annually when 911 callers can’t even be located) – See John Oliver on the challenge
- Markets: $100B+ spent annually to have data verbally relayed to 911/first responders via private call centers (ADT, OnStar, LifeAlert, etc.)
- Customers/Partners: Apple, Google, Uber, Waze, Microsoft, etc.
- Tech: Integrated into 10k+ public safety software systems – RapidSOS provides a mission-critical voice & data platform for 250M Americans
- Media: 1,500 news stories in 2018 including most major outlets (Apple Press Release, TechCrunch WSJ, CBS, Today Show, NYT, WIRED, Time, Fortune, Forbes 30U30, etc.)
- Team: MIT, Harvard, Yale, Wharton, Google, Oracle, Microsoft, Argonne & Oak Ridge National Labs, Bell Labs, venture capital, over 40 tech start-ups
- Investors: $70M of capital raised from preeminent global investors including several top VCs, Microsoft, and former leadership of Apple, AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Lucent, Raytheon, and three former FCC Chairmen
- Video: RapidSOS 3-Min Summary Video
Watch the RapidSOS 3-Min Summary Video
What this role is about:
The People Operations Associate supports the rapidly growing team at RapidSOS by administering key HR-related processes and procedures. These include employee onboarding and offboarding, reporting and compliance, immigration, unemployment claims, benefits administration, and much more. By joining our team, you will be a trusted partner and advocate for our employees and play an important role in establishing the culture and employee experience at RapidSOS.
What you’ll do:
- Partner closely with our PEO to administer employee onboarding and offboarding, benefits, 401k, leaves of absence, I-9 verification, compliance, and reporting.
- Input and manage employee data with great attention to detail.
- Run reports and analyses to gain insights into employee growth and engagement.
- Work with the legal team on employment contracts, immigration cases and separations.
- Draft, audit and maintain employee policies and procedures.
- Serve as a trusted resource for employees and assist them with all HR-related matters.
What we offer:
- The chance to work with a passionate team on solving one of the largest challenges globally
- Competitive salary and benefits and equity participation
- Dynamic, fun work environment with a highly talented team
- Flexible startup work environment and a fun atmosphere
- Rapid growth opportunities
What we’d like to see in our ideal candidate:
- 3+ years of experience in Human Resources
- Established track record of handling sensitive data with care and discretion
- Laser-sharp attention to detail and a high standard for excellence
- Strong analytical and reporting skills - must be comfortable with Excel formulas and functions
- Operates with urgency and thrives in a fast-paced and ever-changing work environment
- No ego - our team believes in “purpose over pride” where no task is beneath us
If you're curious to learn more about RapidSOS, you can check out our full press list!
RapidSOS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.