Virta is the first company with a clinically-proven treatment to safely and sustainably reverse type 2 diabetes and other chronic metabolic diseases without the use of medications or surgery. Our innovations in nutritional biochemistry, data science and digital tools combined with our clinical expertise are shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal. Our mission - to reverse type 2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025.
The Director, HRBP is an important part of our larger People and Places function, responsible for driving HR functional excellence and process improvements to help Virta achieve success at scale. Reporting to the VP of People and Places, the SBP will play an integral role in supporting and driving critical business initiatives and HR processes for Virta’s rapidly growing teams. The ideal candidate will be able to combine great people intuition, business judgement and discretion in decision-making.
- Work directly with the VP of People and Places and Virta’s leadership team to align our HR strategy with the company’s business strategy and build programs to execute on that strategy
- Lead, grow and develop a team of HR professionals who deliver support to a highly distributed team
- Coach leaders and people managers to proactively manage employees and provide advice and guidance on varying employee topics and issues
- Maintain knowledge of local labor market trends and partner with Recruiting to implement competitive hiring strategies to attract and retain top talent
- Leverage data to build, manage, and strengthen every part of our HR offerings including on-boarding, benefits, training, performance, promotion, career development, diversity & inclusion and engagement programs, among others
- Develop the company’s policies and tailor them to help attract, develop and retain world class talent.
- Lead all employee relations
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Contribute to Virta’s overall People Strategy and roadmap
- Get to know your team, understand their needs and create plans to support and mentor them
- Participate in decision making at the Exec/Leadership level; help leaders think and plan long term
- Apply your unique skill set and experience to help the business realize its objectives; deliver direct value to the organization
- Self -starter who has the experience and executive presence to interact with our Executive Team, while at the same time being able to address the needs and concerns of all Virtans. Five to eight years of experience as a business partner in a tech environment, and at least 2 years as a senior business partner or manager of other HR professionals.
- Demonstrated ability in building strong, collaborative relationships with executives and influence through adaptive, flexible, data driven analysis.
- Exceptional consulting, coaching and facilitation skills.
- Highest level of integrity and management of confidential information.
- Ability to drive results and set priorities independently.
- Proven experience in conflict resolution and management practices with a complex and matrixed environment.
- Experience planning and delivering people oriented programs to positively impact change management.
- Knowledge of HR compliance regulations, employment laws, and industry best practices
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta's security and privacy procedures to ensure our patients' information remains strictly confidential. Security and privacy training will be provided.