Relativity seeks a talented and relentless Software Engineer to join our Avionics and Integrated Software team. As part of our small test infrastructure team at Stennis Space Center (SSC), you will be responsible for software tools and integration of the software systems that form the cornerstone of test facility operations. Day to day you will get to work in a dynamic environment and directly impact the development and testing of flight hardware for the Terran 1 launch vehicle. This position requires a broad knowledge of software tools and frameworks, a focus on your users’ needs, and dedicated improvement of software quality and test operations.
- Develop automation frameworks that enable efficient data acquisition, post-processing, and test execution.
- Develop software tools that manage software configuration and deployment, and take charge of our continuous integration and release system.
- Evaluate and select software tools and frameworks that will maximize automation of test operations while minimizing the amount of in-house software development.
- Identify project priorities, software requirements and design constraints with team members across multiple disciplines, and translate those into minimum viable software products to get to first launch.
- Support test readiness reviews (TRR) and software verification efforts to ensure efficient execution of test operations – prior to and during day-of-test-operations.
- Participate in the recruitment, hiring, and mentorship of software engineers.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and apply them to highly critical, fault-tolerant software systems.
- Basic knowledge of distributed systems, computer architecture, networks and databases.
- Minimum of 2+ years of industry experience and a B.S. degree in engineering, computer science, math, or science discipline OR 6+ years of software development experience.
- 2+ years of experience developing across a full-stack: web-server, relational databases, and client-side/front-end.
- Experience as an architect and proven ability to design and implement robust and scalable distributed systems that meet current and future needs.
- Experience working directly with database systems at scale, and a knowledge of query execution and optimization.
- Good system engineering, version control (GIT or Subversion), and configuration management skills.
- Initiative and the ability to work independently and collaborate within a team in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Experience with industrial automation systems, including HMI/UI/UX design, SCADA systems (Inductive Automation Ignition 8.0+ preferred), and industrial PC’s and PLC’s (such as Wago/CoDeSys or Beckhoff/TwinCAT).
- Knowledge of Connext DDS, MQTT, ROS, OPC-UA or other related publisher-subscriber communication protocols.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Willing to work extended hours when necessary.
- Aerospace industry experience not required.
- Relocation assistance available.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.