At Relativity, we create the platform to build the future of humanity in space, starting with revolutionizing the way we build and fly rockets. We are looking for a Purchasing / Planning leader to join our growing team at our headquarters in Los Angeles. As Senior Buyer at Relativity, you will enable all teams to source products and services in the most cost-effective, time-sensitive, and quality-assured way.
You will establish Relativity’s procurement and planning strategies to achieve our key company milestones. You are a highly trusted market expert and resource for internal teams to determine the most effective sourcing channel and supply chain processes. You build relationships with suppliers that elevate Relativity’s capabilities in the short and long term, and implement standardized supplier performance management.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
- Develop and execute procurement strategies to secure competitive pricing and contract terms
- Ensure timely delivery of materials and services to meet Relativity’s aggressive development goals
- Play a key role in designing and implementing procurement’s ERP processes from the ground up
- Analyze monthly spend to identify trends and opportunities for further cost reductions
- Prepare and review contracts, bids, proposals, and vendor agreements for commercial and legal terms/ conditions
- Manage suppliers, including periodic business reviews to assess technical capability and capacity
- Assist and train user community with procure-to-pay process for submitting purchase order requests and related processes
- Collaborate with Finance to resolve supplier invoicing discrepancies
- Develop a portfolio of suppliers and prospective suppliers' capabilities
To be successful in this role, you should have at least 3-5 years of experience in Procurement, ideally in a small-to-midsized, high-growth environment in a manufacturing company. You are excited about supporting a variety of teams, competent at managing deliveries of materials and services in a dynamic development schedule, and thrive in building partnerships with suppliers. With suppliers, you establish common goals, define metrics, and drive continuous improvement around cost, quality, and timelines. For internal teams, you create lightweight processes and controls that optimize purchasing outcomes.You always have scalability top of mind, and optimize the balance between being hands on and establishing long-term procurement strategies that enable Relativity’s rapid growth. You thrive in ambiguous environments, are passionate about building structure from scratch, and have an untiring focus on excellent results.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- 3-5 years of experience in procurement/supply chain in a startup or other dynamic, high-growth company environment.
- Experience in scaling processes and procurement tools to ensure standardized, low-overhead implementation of sourcing practices across departments
- Expertise in demand analysis, supplier sourcing, negotiations, and supplier performance management
- Outstanding customer orientation to provide partnership to technical teams, and support throughout all sourcing challenges and needs
- Excellent supplier relationship building and relationship management
- BSc/BA in business, operations, engineering or relevant field; MSc/MA will be a plus
- Comfortable with high-volume workload and self-driven prioritization
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.