At Relativity, we imagine the way rockets are built and flown. We are looking for a Structures Technician to help us build and test our rockets and their supporting hardware.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
As a Structures Technician you will work closely with the engineering team to build critical flight parts, ground support equipment, print cells, and test fixtures. You will support a variety of projects concurrently. These may include:
- Build new machining fixture from basic sketches
- Integrate rocket stage into test stand
- Support print cell upgrades and integration
- Complete detailed inspections of metallic structures
- Set up new factory facilities
Your mission will be to help complete these projects while maintaining a safe and efficient work environment. You will work closely with the design, additive, test, and manufacturing teams to drive each project to completion.
In order to be successful in this role, you should be a master of diverse skills. Your day to day responsibilities could include: metal fabrication, electrical installation and troubleshooting, hydraulics diagnostics, fluid system fabrication, lifting and rigging, welding, machine operation, and more. Relativity is a small and nimble company, so you will be exposed to new challenges on a regular basis. The most successful candidates thrive in taking general directions and filling in the details. You should be able to build from napkin sketches or detailed drawings while providing constructive feedback to the engineering team.
This person will interface regularly between the technician and engineering teams. It is essential that they communicate clearly and frequently. We are looking for candidates that are both eager to learn and eager to share their experience with others. This position requires a strong ability to lead by example and manage your own time.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- 3+ years of experience in aerospace, fabrication, or a related field
- High school diploma or GED
- Track record of good craftsmanship and pride in your work
- Proficiency with email and internet navigation
- Experience with steel or aluminum fabrication
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong mentorship skills
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs unassisted
- Must be able to stand for extended periods
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and maneuver in tight spaces
- Travel required up to 10% of the time
- Ability to work non-standard shifts, overtime, and weekends as required
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Experience using work orders, inventory requests, schematics, and drawings
- Experience maintaining aerospace cleanliness requirements
- Experience with cryogenics
- Comfortable working at heights
- Comfortable operating man lifts, fork lifts, telehandlers, etc.
- Prior work with launch vehicle development
- Demonstrated troubleshooting ability in electric, hydraylic, and gas systems
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.