Relativity is seeking a highly talented Mechanical Technician to join a rapidly growing space startup. As a Launch Technician, your responsibilities will include pad construction, build-up, activation and launch operations to support the Terran 1 launch program. You will work closely with the pad engineering team, supporting activities required to get the launch pad built and activated.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives:
At Relativity, we are redefining the way rockets are designed, built and flown. Starting with our proprietary and cutting-edge 3D printing technology, we aim to simplify and automate the manufacturing of rockets. This revolutionary approach enables us to make launch vehicles faster and more cost efficiently, allowing us to offer cost-efficient and short lead-time launch services to customers.
As a Launch Technician, you will be at the forefront of creating a world class orbital launch site. In order to be successful in this role, you should be someone who is able to help lead projects to completion; ideally, you are someone who has come from a fast paced, aerospace environment, having completed difficult projects while collaborating effectively across various groups. The ability to perform work at the highest quality with minimal direction across all major technical disciplines is key.
On a day to day, your role will be to support pad tubing and fabrication for GN2, LNG2, LNG, and LOX systems, pad construction, system activation and launch operations. You will also be responsible for providing feedback and communication with the pad engineering team to prevent issues and help improve the pad build/activation process.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies:
- Must be able to lift 25-lbs
- Prior work experience in the aerospace industry
- Good communication skills
- Ability to read P&ID’s & Drawings
- Experience welding (piping, tubing and structural; MIG & TIG)
- Experience laying out and building system panels
- Tubing experience
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to operate heavy equipment
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Experience operating pressurized systems
- Experience with cryogenics (tanker offloading and operating systems)
- Experience with lifting and crane operations
- Experience as a technician, mechanic, or carpenter a plus
- Experience with general facility maintenance
- Experience/knowledge in construction/demolition activities
- API and/or AWS and/or ASME welding endorsements
- NCCCO qualified rigger
- OSHA 10-hr or 30-hr training
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.