We are looking for a Software Engineer - Manufacturing Systems to join our growing team at our headquarters. In this role, you will own the software systems and solutions supporting manufacturing, providing input to and/or making decisions about systems architecture, development methodology and tools, development scope and prioritization as well as implementation timelines. You will be responsible for hands-on development, including databases, business logic, user interfaces as well as interfaces to other business systems i.e. PLM and/or ERP.
You will be working with team members from various disciplines including engineering, manufacturing, finance, automation and IT as well as consultants and system integrators helping Relativity implement our PLM, ERP and other enterprise systems.
You are passionate about technology and people, are able to investigate and resolve technical problems yourself, while setting priorities and providing guidance to a team that supports a rapidly growing, multi-site organization. You will report initially to the Chief Technology Officer.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
To help us create the first autonomous aerospace factory, as a Software Engineer - Manufacturing Systems at Relativity, you will
- Enhance Relativity’s manufacturing systems and solutions that support our rapid growth across multiple sites.
- Developing from scratch solutions including BOM management, process planning, work instructions, non-conformance management and equipment preventative and unplanned maintenance
- Integrate business applications via APIs and/or integration solutions
To be successful in this role, you should have 5+ years of experience in IT/IS or enterprise software development, ideally in a small-to-midsized, high-growth environments at a technology company. Prior experience working across various IT systems, applications and infrastructure (including cloud), and a deep passion for hands-on technical problem solving are critical. You thrive in ambiguous environments, are passionate about building structure from scratch, and have an untiring focus on excellent results.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or a related field, and 3+ years of experience in software development
- Expert in algorithms and data structures
- Experience building web applications ground up
- Proficiency with web technologies such as AngularJS, React, Node.js, etc.
- Experience working with database technologies
- Experience designing user interfaces
- Experience using third party web APIs
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Master’s in Computer Science or a related field, and/or 5+ years of experience in software development
- Familiarity with Manufacturing Systems
- Familiarity with containers
- Experience with database administration
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Deployment
- Familiarity with Agile Development
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.