With the availability of our new robot Digit, customers can, for the first time, apply agile bipedal mobility to solve real-world problems. Equipped with Agility’s mobility controller, perception, and arms, Digit can move through and interact with the world. This capability expands our markets to logistics, inspection, defense, telepresence, and entertainment.
Successful candidates will work with engineering, production, QA and other teams to drive continual improvement in the product quality by developing and implementing quality, reliability and manufacturing test specifications, procedures and equipment. This is a role within
- Work with the engineering team to write and review hardware test specifications for qualification testing, in-line manufacturing testing, and product reliability testing.
- Performing testing on new hardware products in our testing lab.
- Organize, prepare for and oversee testing at 3rd party testing labs.
- Writing detailed test reports, triaging issues, modifying test cases and contributing to the quality discussion on projects under test.
- Additionally, the candidate will work to refine the hardware testing process to better meet the needs of the hardware engineering phases (EVT/DVT/PVT) of projects and contribute to the NPI pipeline by improving quality metrics.
- BS in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science or Mechatronics Engineering.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in test engineering roles.
- Ability to communicate effectively with hardware and software engineers, find product defects, solve complex problems, and perform detailed testing of complex products.
- Proven experience triaging complex problems and producing accurate detailed bug reports.
- Experience developing and testing new hardware projects through prototyping and implementation stages.
- Experience leading the quality testing effort on hardware projects.
- Experience with testing for standards compliance including EMI and Safety.
- Applied experience coding Python scripts for production and/or automated tests.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience using Linux on a daily basis to triage HW and SW issues.
- Experience with robotics/ROS.
- Experience coding/testing driver level code in C or C++.
- 3+ years of experience testing connected devices…ie robots, IoT HW, and connected devices in general.