With the availability of our new robot Digit, customers can, for the first time, apply agile bipedal mobility to solve real-world problems. Equipped with Agility’s mobility controller, perception, and arms, Digit can move through and interact with the world. This capability expands our markets to logistics, inspection, defense, telepresence, and entertainment.
An Electronics Prototyping Technician at Agility Robotics will work closely with our engineering team to implement, prototype, test, and debug the PCBs, wiring, sensors, and power electronics on Agility's bipedal robots and robot prototypes. We specifically seek someone who takes responsibility for excellent work; pays attention to detail; is a surgeon on the circuit boards, for artistic rework; can creatively solve problems; will communicate effectively to help improve our designs and our processes, and takes initiative to proactively solve problems even when tasks are not specifically assigned.
- Minimum 3 years of industry experience with prototype electronics.
- Excellent and reliable surface-mount soldering skills.
- Experience with motion control; power electronics near high-frequency data lines; wire routing around moving joints.
- Experience testing and proving prototype circuits on the bench; generate test procedures, documenting methods and providing clear written reporting to the rest of the team.
- Fluent understanding of PCB design, working knowledge of mechanical assembly.
- Comfortable with surface mount rework with components as small as 0402 and BGA
- Able to interpret wire harness assembly drawings
- Experience with harness assembly tools (Pico Blade, Pico Spox, etc)
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Flexible and self-motivated
- Familiarity with mechanical drawings and GD&T
- Competitive compensation package
- Equity for all employees
- Employer-matched 401K retirement plan
- High-quality health, dental and vision insurance
- Five weeks of vacation
- Unlimited sick days
- Strong work-life balance emphasis