Relativity is seeking a EH&S Specialist to join a rapidly growing space startup. As EH&S Specialist, you will be working with our EH&S and Facilities teams on attacking targeted compliance initiatives for our launch and test sites. You will be working with various technical and operations teams to identify gaps in EH&S compliance, and implement holistic systems to comply with local, federal and state regulations.
You will work with EH&S and Facilities management to develop and implement the corporate EH&S management system, which includes enterprise training solutions, program writing and implementation, culture development, and risk reduction.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
At Relativity, we are redefining the way rockets are designed, built and flown. Starting with our proprietary and cutting-edge 3D printing technology, we aim to simplify and automate the manufacturing of rockets. This revolutionary approach enables us to make launch vehicles faster and more cost efficiently, allowing us to offer cost-efficient and short lead-time launch services to customers.
As the EH&S specialist, you will be at the forefront of making Relativity Space the most environmentally friendly, sustainable, and safe aerospace factory in the world. You will be responsible for compliance at our test and launch sites, specializing in environmental compliance, industrial hygiene, industrial safety, and chemical management. You must possess an entrepreneurial spirit and be a self-starter, be confident in your abilities, and are not afraid to work directly with the Air Force and NASA.
This position requires 50%-75% travel to support our launch and test sites, as well as our headquarters in Los Angeles.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- Minimum 3-years of experience working in the EH&S field in aerospace, chemical plant, or refinery industry
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, engineering, or related field
- Experience in Chemical management as it applies to Environmental, Health and Safety
- Experience with analyzing hazardous waste streams and implementing systems to comply with RCRA or applicable state regulations
- Experience facilitating storm water and air permitting, and ensured company compliance to permit guidelines
- Extensive knowledge of EPA, OSHA, ANSI, and NFPA regulations and standards
- Proficiency in understanding of facility drainage, stormwater discharge, and air emissions
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.