The successful candidate will champion product development and New Product Introduction (NPI) for Ayar Labs products. Responsibilities include VLSI and optoelectronic design validation, characterization, bring-up, drafting and documenting data sheets, and working with Design, Packaging, and Reliability Engineering to deliver qualified product.
· Collaborate with Design Engineering to bring-up leading edge silicon photonic products
· Perform design validation on new chips/products by electrically characterizing VLSI integrated circuits and optoelectronic systems
· Design Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) for product test, characterization, and evaluation kits
· Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team on product improvements through Automatic Test Equipment (ATE), bench characterization, etc.
· Lead New Product Introduction (NPI) by collaborating with Design, Package, and Reliability Engineering
· Draft and manage data sheets, and support Field Applications Engineering
· BS/MS in electrical engineering, computer science, computer engineering or equivalent
· Experience with electronic hardware (e.g. PCB, semiconductor devices, etc.), instruments (e.g. oscilloscope, data acquisition, DMM, etc.)
· Strong programming skills (e.g. Python, C, etc.)
· Strong technical writing skill is a plus
"Principals only. Recruiters, payment for recruiting activities is only applicable subject to a signed and executed agreement between the parties. Please don’t contact our hiring managers."
About Ayar Labs
At Ayar Labs we are lighting up electronics for a brighter future. With our deep ties to MIT and UC Berkeley, and our commitment to hiring the best engineers in photonics and electronics, joining our team gives you the opportunity to collaborate with brilliant people on challenging, paradigm-shifting work. Our optical I/O technology removes the bottlenecks created by today’s electrical I/O, making it possible to continue the computing system performance scaling that Moore’s Law enabled until now. We have a commitment to win big in the marketplace based on the strengths of our technology, and we approach everything with an eye to massive scalability. We believe that deep cross-collaboration between teams facilitated by honest, open debate is the best way to achieve big wins, leveraging our patent portfolio which promises products that deliver orders of magnitude improvements in latency, bandwidth density, and power consumption. We offer a comprehensive benefits plan designed to keep our team healthy and happy.
Ayar Labs is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and is strongly committed to all policies which will afford equal opportunity employment to all qualified persons without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, creed, gender, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.