NautoⓇ is the only real-time AI-powered Driver Behavior Learning Platform able to predict, actively prevent, and reduce high-risk events in the mobility ecosystem. By analyzing billions of data points from over 400 million AI-analyzed video miles, Nauto’s machine learning algorithms continuously improve and help to impact driver behavior before events happen, not after. Nauto has enabled the largest commercial fleets in the world to avoid more than 25,000 collisions, resulting in nearly $100 million in savings.
Nauto is located in North America, Japan, and Europe. Nauto is backed by SoftBank Vision FundGroup Corp., Greylock Partners, BMW iVentures, General Motors Ventures, Toyota AI Ventures, Allianz Group, Playground Global and DNX Ventures.
As a Lead Data Infrastructure Engineer at Nauto, you will come on to a small team and immediately make a concrete impact on the growth of the business. You will be responsible for scaling Nauto's data infrastructure, optimizing data pipelines and key data tools, as well as enabling robust business and customer analytics on telematics datasets warehoused by the company.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Design and implement data models to support product and analytical use-cases
- Build large scale tabular datasets from unstructured and semi-structured log data from Nauto devices
- 100% Data infrastructure development. Building out ETL pipelines and stream processing architectures.
- Daily Responsibilities - 90% Hands On + 10% Mentor Duties
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's of Computer Science, or related field
- 4+ years of Software Engineering experience, preferably Data Engineering
- BS in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
- Experience building End-to-End production data pipelines to support product use-cases
- Data modeling (SQL)
- Big Data Processing technologies (Spark or Flink, etc.)
- Hive or Presto
- AWS EC2 preferred or any cloud services
- Airflow or Oozie (any workflow processing engine)
Desired Skills & Experience
- Hands-on experience working with DevOps, CI/CD
- Prior experience at a start-up
We have all the perks of a Valley startup, including:
- Experienced leadership with a great track record of growing startups
- Learning and development opportunities from a highly diverse and talented peer group including experts in a wide range of fields such as Artificial Intelligence & Computer Vision, Systems & Device Engineering, and Support & Operations
- Comfortable co-working environment and communal problem solving
- We love Hackathons!
- Free lunch, dinner, snacks, drinks, daily
- Fun activities like weekly happy hour, daily group workouts and occasional nerf battles. We even have a puzzle club!
- We are a dog friendly environment
- We are in the heart of Palo Alto, walking distance from the Caltrain station.
We also have all the best benefits, including:
- Stock options
- Coverage for (health, dental, vision) including qualified dependents
- Healthcare spending accounts (FSA, HSA)
- Commuter assistance
- Up to 20 weeks of parental leave
- Flexible PTO
Nauto is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters learning from each other. We celebrate people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination.
To all recruitment agencies: Nauto does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Nauto employees or any other company location. Nauto is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.