Ayar Labs is a growth stage startup with a mission to make in package optical I/O the industry standard for high performance semiconductor applications.
The Field Application Engineer will be the technical arm of the Marketing/Business Development Department and will support our growing customer and partner engagements. The candidate will be responsible for a variety of activities and deliverables including:
- Working with business development managers in support of the design win process with ASIC vendors and System Integrators
- Being the primary technical interface to and supporting day-to-day interactions with existing design wins/customers
- Support bring up of customer platforms
- Support hardware demonstrations
- Represent the company at key industry events
- Developing proposals and statements of work (SOW)
- Working with internal engineering teams to drive customer requirements
- The successful candidate should have a Master’s degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or related engineering field and
- 3+ years of relevant experience. The candidate should have a strong technology background with experience in datacenter and embedded systems, both hardware and software.
- The candidate must be able to demonstrate:
- Being able to excel working at a highly technical company and supporting new products
- Relationship management and customer service skills
- Skill in helping secure design wins with multi-national ASIC vendors and system integrators
- Being a fast learner and able to work independently in a complex fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of growing business at a startup company
- Ability to work collaboratively with both internal engineering teams as well as customers
- Interconnects" or SerDes" with networking a plus.
About Ayar Labs
At Ayar Labs we are lighting up electronics for a brighter future. With our deep ties to MIT and UC Berkeley, and our commitment to hiring the best engineers in photonics and electronics, joining our team gives you the opportunity to collaborate with brilliant people on challenging, paradigm-shifting work. Our optical I/O technology removes the bottlenecks created by today’s electrical I/O, making it possible to continue the computing system performance scaling that Moore’s Law enabled until now. We have a commitment to win big in the marketplace based on the strengths of our technology, and we approach everything with an eye to massive scalability. We believe that deep cross-collaboration between teams facilitated by honest, open debate is the best way to achieve big wins, leveraging our patent portfolio which promises products that deliver orders of magnitude improvements in latency, bandwidth density, and power consumption. We offer a comprehensive benefits plan designed to keep our team healthy and happy.