RapidSOS is hiring! Join an advanced emergency technology start-up in transforming emergency response for hundreds of millions of people globally
Working with 4,000+ first responders and with $85M+ of investment, RapidSOS is transforming the technology backbone for emergency response (see John Oliver on the Challenge). Today, RapidSOS supports 150 million emergencies annually in partnership with leading tech companies such as Apple, Google, Uber, and Microsoft, among many others.
RapidSOS is backed by top venture capital firms and the former C-suite of Apple, AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Virgin Group, Lucent, Raytheon, the FCC, Harvard Data Initiative, and MIT.
Video: RapidSOS 3-Min Summary Video
What This Role is About:
As a Public Safety Intern, you will work directly with the Public Safety Operations team to define, measure, and provide recommendations to optimize the metrics that define our success. You will interface with different business teams, working to define our strategic vision, perform data analysis, and provide detailed research to improve emergency response. This position provides a unique opportunity to learn about the intricacies of the tech and public safety industries.
What You'll Do:
- Support PS Strategy and Ops team in carrying out high-impact projects to measure company performance at scale
- Develop operational workflows and dashboards to improve overall data quality and automate data collection
- Analyze and develop key data metrics to provide strategic recommendations
- Maintain Hubspot CRM tool to update valuable customer site details
- Create materials that communicate our unique value proposition to public safety personnel and partners
- Support team as necessary in executing the strategic plan, including additional duties and special projects as assigned
What We Offer:
- An amazing opportunity to be part of something big and to make an impact at a rising startup
- Dynamic, fun work environment with a highly talented team
- Competitive stipend
- Flexible startup work environment and a fun atmosphere
- Rapid growth opportunities
What We'd Like to See in Our Ideal Candidate:
- Strong performance in coursework from Business, Economics, STEM, or similar disciplines
- Fluency in Excel (SQL is a plus) and experience with Google Suite
- Highly self-motivated, strong work ethic and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Availability to start part-time and remotely, with potential to join as a full-time intern in the Fall
- Attention to detail with polished visual, written, and oral presentation skills
- Structured thinking and strong organizational skills
Preferred but not required qualifications:
- Familiarity with Hubspot or similar CRM solutions
- Familiarity with Looker, Tableau or similar BI solutions
- Project management experience a plus
- Experience with Public Safety / Local U.S. Government Organizations (Fire, Police, EMS, etc)
If you're curious to learn more about RapidSOS, you can check out our full press list!
RapidSOS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.