Fabric makes profitable on-demand e-commerce a reality. Its flexible micro-fulfillment solution was specifically designed to enable fast fulfillment from small spaces. By leveraging robotic automation, Fabric allows retailers to reduce costs and cut fulfillment times.
Unlike any other micro-fulfillment solution, Fabric’s software-led robotics and modular approach gives retailers the flexibility to build the fulfillment center that fits their requirements, allowing them to fulfill online orders at maximum speed while ensuring profitability. Retailers can choose a platform model to run and operate independently on their real estate or a service model in which fulfillment is offered as a service, with minimal capex investment.
Founded in 2015, Fabric has raised $138 million to date and is backed by Aleph, Corner Ventures, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB), Innovation Endeavors, La Maison, Playground Ventures, and Temasek. With offices in New York City and Tel Aviv, Fabric is rapidly expanding its U.S. operations with over 170+ team members globally and 15 sites under development/contract, including two live micro-fulfillment centers.
We are looking for a Project Manager to join our Deployment team in the US.
The Deployment department is part of the global Operations division, responsible for end to end deployment of our Micro-fulfillment solutions. The team manages the deployment from the early project development stage through handover to the customer. This includes feasibility analysis, real-estate search, design, construction, equipment installation and providing overall project management.
Fabric is hiring a Project Manager to lead the deployment of micro-fulfilment center projects across the US. As a project manager you will be responsible for the execution of the deployment program plans. Micro-fulfilment centers are complex projects consisting of many disciplines including facility renovations, racking system installation, material handling equipment, robotic systems and software. This role is responsible for project delivery to the customer by project/program management practices (scope, schedule, budget, risk, change management and others). Lead the execution between global resources and on site resources and maintain direct contact with the customer.
This is a remote role best filled from any metropolitan area in the Eastern US. We are actively developing sites in the NYC, Washington, DC and Philadelphia areas. The role may require you to travel in the US up to 50% depending on the location of new deployment sites..
- Lead the development and execution of multi disciplinary deployment projects (could be 2-3 projects in parallel), managing development, design, supply, installation, commissioning and handover activities.
- Participate in project engineering design, value engineering, system integration and ensure those concepts are captured in the project plan.
- Support the development of project budget, schedule and plans during the pre-project activities in conjunction with engineering, solution and sales.
- Develop detailed project schedule, consisting of internal and external milestones, engineering and cross functional activities
- Develop project budget, support financial controllers and business leads during pre-project planning.
- Develop the resource or staffing plan required for the project
- Participate in site survey and real estate search as needed.
- Understand the business impact of decisions made over the project, communicate with the end customer either intra or external to the organization, work hand by hand with account manager
- Build, develop and manage the project team in an efficient manner.
- Communicate project progress, via reports, and real time issues to management
- Ability to manage sub-contractors, general contractors, consultants and other service providers via contract management and other practices.
- Support and sometimes lead development of RFPs/RFQs, review bids and provide leveling . Coordinate with supply chain and procurement teams.
- Lead change management processes involving several stakeholders and subcontractors.
- Coordinate the on-site supervision
- Lead the team to mitigate project risks impacting projects success
- Manage project closeout, lessons learned session
- 8+ years of experience in management of complete complex multidisciplinary projects from through the complete lifecycle.
- Extensive experience with planning, management and execution of ASRS system / Logistics automation or similar complex projects - a significant advantage
- B.Sc. or Higher in engineering field
- Certified PMP or similar
- MS Project proficiency
- Demonstration of work group management
- Demonstration of supervisory methods including motivation, work direction and performance evaluation.
- Proven experience in managing and negotiating contracts
- Physically fit to walk and travel on construction sites.
- Travel up to 50% of the time
What you’ll get
Supportive team environment, flexible schedule. Add to that a competitive salary, best in class benefits package, which includes medical, life, dental & vision, 401(k), paid time off and career growth opportunities