Ever ordered something online and had to wait days or even weeks for it? We’re here to put an end to that…with robots! In a sea of ad-tech, cyber, and more of the same, we’re not just another boring SaaS platform. Yes, Fabric is a software and robotics company, but that’s not the coolest thing about us; we’re here to solve real-world problems that you care about as a consumer and will find fascinating as a developer.
We’re on a mission to enable fast and profitable e-commerce fulfillment through a revolutionary concept called micro-fulfillment. Our engineers are solving complex problems in the areas of control, robot movement, stock management and prediction, image processing and much more. All that to make our micro-fulfillment centers (MFCs) fast, small, efficient, and optimized. We’re already serving the likes of "Rami Levy" and "Super-Pharm" here in Israel, and we just received a mega funding round of $110M, making us the best funded player in the space.
Now is the perfect time to join us, tackle the hard stuff and help scale our solution.
We’re looking for a brilliant Senior Back end Team Leader to join our growing R&D team. This is an amazing opportunity to join one of Israel's most promising startups [link] and make an immediate and real impact on the future of our product (and the world).
Our Stack: Python, PostgreSQL, mongoDB, React.JS, Redux, node.js, Elastic Search, Docker, AWS, Mac/Linux
In this role, you will:
- Lead a team of highly talented and independent developers in a rapidly changing environment where code is deployed every day.
- Develop and improve features to optimize our sites’ performance and operation end-to-end - from ideation, design, implementation, testing, deployment, to post-deployment analysis.
- Solve highly complex problems in the fields of multi-agent motion, resource planning and optimization.
- Centralize team's activities, including new feature development, automation, testing, bug management, and planning your team's iterations in an Agile environment.
- Strong algorithmic background.
- Experience in managing a team and leading projects hands-on from start to finish.
- Passion for both client-side and server-side development.
- Team player, strong communication skills, empathy, someone who thrives working in a fast-paced environment.
- Degree in Computer Science (not a must; we're always looking for super talented people).
- At least 5 years of experience.
Fabric makes profitable on-demand e-commerce a reality. Its flexible micro-fulfillment solution was specifically designed to enable fast fulfillment from small spaces. By leveraging robotic automation, Fabric allows retailers to reduce costs and cut fulfillment times.
Unlike any other micro-fulfillment solution, Fabric’s software-led robotics and modular approach gives retailers the flexibility to build the fulfillment center that fits their requirements, allowing them to fulfill online orders at maximum speed while ensuring profitability. Retailers can choose a platform model to run and operate independently on their real estate or a service model in which fulfillment is offered as a service, with minimal capex investment.
Founded in 2015, Fabric has raised $138 million to date and is backed by Aleph, Corner Ventures, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB), Innovation Endeavors, La Maison, Playground Ventures, and Temasek. With offices in New York City and Tel Aviv, Fabric is rapidly expanding its U.S. operations with over 170+ team members globally and 15 sites under development/contract, including two live micro-fulfillment centers.