At RightHand Robotics, we have a rapidly growing and highly capable engineering team building robotic piece-picking solutions and deploying them around the globe. Our product has to be reliable enough to run non-stop on fleets of robots in the world’s largest warehouses. If you’re simultaneously excited and a bit terrified about what this could mean for you, good! If working hands-on with robots on a daily basis intrigues you, read on!
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to develop critical systems software for robots running in the field. This individual will work closely with our team of researchers to integrate state-of-the-art algorithms into our robot while preserving stability, consistent APIs, and system speed. A minimum of 7 years experience in software development in a production environment through all aspects of a products lifecycle. Other desired background, interests, and responsibilities include:
- Design, implement, debug, and test key software components on our robots,
- Experience debugging a complex, real-time, multi-process system
- Experience bringing projects from concept through deployment
- Work regularly on and around production-grade robots
- A proven technical leader skilled in:
- Linux tool-development (7+ years)
- Python development (7+ years)
- C/C++ or similar development (3+ years)
- An effective troubleshooter
- Detail oriented
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- Experience managing and coaching junior engineers
- Experience with robot middleware and messaging layers
- Debian package management, CMake
- Cloud Infrastructure
- Linear Algebra and Geometry skills
Our perks include:
- The opportunity to make an immediate and visible impact in an early stage company with lots of potential.
- Passionate and fun teammates
- Flexible vacation and work schedule
- Generous premium coverage for medical and dental plans
- Robots, galore!
RightHand Robotics (RHR) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We have an ongoing commitment to the creation of a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. RHR recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals in all job titles without regard to race, color, sex, religion, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, height, weight, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. At RHR, we are committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and a valued member of the team.