Full Stack Engineer at Sentropy
United States of America
The internet is not a safe place. The moderation of abusive and harassing content has long been propped up by keyword filters and pattern matching, but the lion’s share of this work has always fallen to humans. Today, hundreds of thousands of people review the worst content the internet has to offer. Yet even as a multi-billion dollar industry content moderation industry has emerged, millions of people are abused, harassed, and attacked every day, across every digital platform.
At Sentropy, our mission is to make the internet safer. We’re reimagining how communities of any size can use technology to protect and improve the experiences of their users. Powered by cutting-edge machine learning technology and guided by our experience fighting fraud, terrorism, and human trafficking, Sentropy’s platform allows digital communities to gain quick access to data and intelligence that can enable proactive abuse detection and power content discovery to drive deeper user engagement.
Sentropy is a “distributed-first” company, meaning all employees have the option to work from anywhere in the US. We're a Series A company and our team is backed by a stable of top institutional investors, as well as founders and leaders of Reddit, Riot Games, OpenAI, Twitch, Twitter, and a former head-of-state. We’re making the most advanced technologies easily accessible to those safeguarding the internet, and we’re looking for people that are passionate about using technology to improve our society.
What you'll be working on
- Building a suite of tools to enhance the moderation efforts of our customers while also providing critical feedback loops to machine learning models
- Building internal tools to speed the development of machine learning models
- Developing data inspection and debugging tools to improve engineering productivity
- Deploying services both internally and externally
- Familiarity with Docker, CSS/SCSS/LESS, GraphQL APIs, and your choice of design framework (bootstrap, etc.)
- Exposure to SQL-databases (PostgreSQL preferred), transactions, indexes, joins, and caching
- Prior experience working with AWS/GCP, nginx, and shell scripting
- Knowledge of best practices for writing testable and reusable code
- Solid understanding of data structures, advanced algorithms, and data pipeline architecture, including the operational trade‐oﬀs of various designs
- Experience with distributed, streaming, and big data processing systems (eg, Spark, Kafka, MapReduce, etc.)
- Prior mobile development experience, especially with React Native, is a plus
What we offer
- Work from anywhere. Whether you prefer a home office, a co-working space, or a coffee shop, enjoy the flexibility of working from where you work best - anywhere in the US.
- Platinum healthcare. We provide platinum-level medical, dental, and vision insurance. We cover 99% of employee premiums and 95% of dependent premiums.
- Generous time-off policies. Take time when you need it to rest, relax, and recharge with unlimited PTO and 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave.
- Home office upgrades. Revamp your home setup on us. We cover home office upgrades to help you be productive and comfortable from wherever you’re working.
- Social and lifestyle allowances. Use our flexible allowance benefit to get a round with friends, take a gym class, cover your takeout and grocery bills, and improve your mental health and wellness.
- Team events. Distributed work is awesome, but so is getting together in-person. Hang out with your colleagues at planned team events around the country.