Virta is the first company with a clinically-proven treatment to safely and sustainably reverse type 2 diabetes and other chronic metabolic diseases without the use of medications or surgery. Our innovations in nutritional biochemistry, data science, and digital tools combined with our clinical expertise are shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal. Our mission - to reverse type 2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025.
The Senior Associate, Patient Marketing is responsible for planning and launching patient engagement plans at Virta’s customers. This is a highly visible, cross-functional role that works with many teams across the organization, especially Customer Success, Sales, and Design. In addition, this role includes creating and testing new patient marketing content and tactics to improve our overall patient engagement strategy.
- Engage eligible patients at Virta customers.
- Build awareness of Virta, educate audience on how the treatment works, and motivate them to enroll in Virta’s online diabetes reversal treatment
- Typical marketing channels include email, digital ads, content marketing, mailers, webinars, flyers, and onsite/virtual events
- Build relationships with customers to successfully deploy Virta.
- Work with customer contacts to agree upon marketing strategy that enables the highest level of engagement possible while taking into account the needs of each specific customer. These contacts include those at the Director level and above.
- Work cross-functionally with Customer Success, Design, Sales, and other teams to build and execute on marketing plans.
- Create new marketing strategies, content, and processes.
- Develop new ways to engage our target patient population across customers. This includes creating and testing completely new tactics, new content, and channels.
- Scaling marketing operations and tactics.
- You are on the front lines of Virta’s growth curve, and thus are key in building and maintaining scalable processes that ensure best practices are maintained and work is completed efficiently as we scale.
- Lead marketing launches at new customers. This includes making adjustments to the standard playbook, adding custom marketing as needed, and project managing all marketing setup required to launch a successful campaign.
- Build and maintain scalable processes that ensure best practices in managing marketing launches (standardizing marketing collateral templates, project management in Asana, etc.)
- Create long-term marketing strategies for customers that take into account their tenure with Virta, marketing data, population-specific needs, and desired outcomes
- Create new marketing content, including writing emails, working with Design on mailers, digital ads, flyers, posters, and more
- Analyze marketing data to better understand our patients and customer-specific populations and iterate on their marketing plan and our overall strategy.
- Lead ideation, creation, testing, and implementation of new marketing tactics, channels, and strategies
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Successfully launch patient marketing at a new Virta customer, from planning to execution
- Learn our marketing playbook and continually find ways to improve it (new content, new strategy, etc.)
- Take on several later-stage deployments and develop new strategies to improve activation rates and engage mid/late-stage adopters
- Create and implement new marketing content and creative at active customers
- Participate in a sales pitch with a potential customer to learn how to sell our marketing strategy
- Connect with interested and enrolled patients to develop a strong understanding of our target patient mindset and how to develop marketing strategies that fit their needs
- 1-5 years of professional experience
- Highly organized and detail oriented - great proofreader
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment
- A desire to 'pitch in' with other areas of marketing management and optimization
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta's security and privacy procedures to ensure our patients' information remains strictly confidential. Security and privacy training will be provided.