Flight Test Operator at Skydio
Redwood City, CA, US
Skydio is seeking an enthusiastic flight test engineer to help ensure that the units we are shipping to customers are of the highest quality. This role requires a rigorous approach to field testing complex systems and their capabilities across a wide spectrum of environmental and operating conditions.
How you'll make an impact
- Running regression tests to validate system confidence, ensuring no system has been adversely affected by new changes
- Execute master testing to validate new software that merges in the pipeline
- Support system validation, working with hardware team to prepare external customer systems
- Identify problems and proactively work with flight test engineers to capture issues
- Generate massive amounts of logged flight data that will be used to characterize and improve the system
- Software QA/testing background
- Experience testing native mobile applications (iOS, Android)
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for things that fly (bonus points for sUAS Pilot's license)
- Detail-oriented communication and documentation skills
- Test experience in a manufacturing setting
- Interest in spending lots of time outdoors
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture across race, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, experience, neurodiversity, and background. Together, our goal is to ensure that autonomous drones are deployed ethically and effectively across all industries.