Materials Program Manager at Skydio
Redwood City, CA, US
Skydio is the world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders to insurance claims adjusters.
We are seeking a motivated, experienced, and knowledgeable Program Material Planner to support the planning, warehousing and delivery of materials for the launch of new programs. This person will be responsible to support prototyping, pre-production builds and Mass Production phases of these programs.
How you'll make an impact:
- Plan, schedule and manage various purchased materials for programs.
- Effectively communicate material requirements and program timelines/milestones to external suppliers
- Work with external suppliers to establish the appropriate delivery schedules for individual components, specifying quantity and frequency targeting on-time delivery; coordinate with Supply Chain team and Logistics as needed.
- Identify supply chain risks and mitigation steps to ensure material readiness
- Communicate status and risks regularly. Escalate in a timely manner
- Own the leadership communication on the program to all key stakeholders: program management, PMI, engineering & supply chain
- Ensure BOM accuracy by working with engineering, PMI and document control team
- Maintain accurate MRP data to reflect confirmed delivery quantities and due dates from suppliers, validate, troubleshoot and resolve discrepancies
- Collaborate with Supply Chain and Engineering to support material changes and plan for new material and minimize obsolescence of old material
- Provide ongoing transparency of inventory levels and ensure continuous inventory accuracy
- Work fluidly in a highly cross-functional team environment involving manufacturing, program management, product development teams, design engineers, supply chain, production control and logistics teams
- Look for opportunities to identify and drive improvement projects/ processes
- Generate and publish performance metrics on the program
What would make you a strong fit:
- Significant hands-on experience in materials management, production planning, material scheduling, and/or purchasing in a manufacturing environment is required
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize tasks based on demand is required
- Ability to present material status effectively in weekly program/executive meetings is required
- Open-minded, collaborative and team-oriented attitude is required
- Self-motivation and resourcefulness are required
- Ability to solve problems in a fast-paced work environment with minimal supervision is required
- Strong work ethic required
- Strong analytical capabilities, including ability to optimize delivery costs and inventory levels, are desired
- Knowledge of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software and ERP systems is a plus
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture across race, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, experience, neurodiversity, and background. Together, our goal is to ensure that autonomous drones are deployed ethically and effectively across all industries.