Senior Manager - Analytics & Strategy at Skydio
Redwood City, CA, US
Skydio is the world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders to insurance claims adjusters.
We are seeking a talented multi-disciplinary analytics leader to own the analytics function by defining, implementing, and driving data and analytics solutions that enable the sales, marketing, customer success, operations and finance functions. You will be instrumental in the creation of a reliable and scalable infrastructure for Skydio’s ongoing reporting and analytics needs. In this role, your contributions will directly drive business systems optimization, time to market, productivity, and profitability.
How you'll make an impact:
- Partner cross-functionally to define data requirements, visualize key metrics, and create a data platform that serves business needs
- Manage a Redshift database infrastructure and build out key data tables
- Create automated, highly reliable data pipelines
- Establish & automate ETL processes for data warehouse ingestion, aggregating data from business systems (e.g. SalesForce, Marketo, NetSuite, and Shopify) and internally developed tools
- Develop business reporting and forecasting models to accurately predict short and long-term implications of trends in the business
- Contribute to the systems and analytics infrastructure roadmap
What would make you a strong fit:
- 7+ years experience with SQL, ETL, data warehousing, and common analytical tools
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- Advanced data analysis knowledge and experience, with expert SQL skills
- Experience working with AWS big data technologies (Redshift, S3, Lambda)
- Experience using business intelligence reporting tools (Quicksight, Power BI, Tableau, Excel, etc.)
- Proven ability to influence diverse groups of stakeholders and executives
- Experience building and mentoring teams
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to break down complex concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be organized, detail oriented, and adept at prioritizing and juggling multiple projects at once to meet timelines
- Hands-on experience integrating data from multiple sources combined with a proven ability to translate data into actionable insights
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture across race, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, experience, neurodiversity, and background. Together, our goal is to ensure that autonomous drones are deployed ethically and effectively across all industries.