Inscopix, a discovery phase neurotechnology company, is expanding its business and building-out its Science and Engineering teams. We are seeking a talented, creative, and self-motivated Neurobiology Research Scientist who is passionate about pursuing groundbreaking brain science and developing the next generation of breakthrough innovations for the neuroscience research market.
As a Neurobiology Research Scientist, you will be a key member of the Science team and involved in developing novel approaches and new tools for measuring large-scale neural circuit activity in freely behaving animals. Further, you will apply these novel approaches and new tools toward breakthrough translational and preclinical neuroscience research to accelerate the development of next generation precision therapeutics for disorders of the central nervous system. You will have the unique opportunity to work and thrive in an interdisciplinary environment of top-notch scientists and engineers.
- Provide scientific domain expertise to translational science projects and external collaborations
- Plan, design and execute on all aspects of translational and/or preclinical research studies
- Analyze data and prepare reports summarizing results for internal teams and external partners
- PhD in Neurobiology or a related field
- Experience working with rodent models, including animal handling and running of behavioral assays
- Experience with chronic, behaving in-vivo electrophysiology, imaging and/or optogenetics
- Excellent surgical skills, including stereotaxic injections and/or chronic implantations
- Experience with viral and transgenic technology
- Expertise with MATLAB or Python programming and data analysis
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to work with amicable, energetic, interdisciplinary teams
- At least two years of post-degree research experience in academia or industry
- Experience in translational and/or drug discovery research, including with animal models of disease and the assessment of therapeutic compounds or interventions
- Experience working with both mice and rats
- Familiarity with nVista and/or nVoke technology
- Proficiency with post-mortem immunohistochemistry and confocal microscopy
- Strong publication record
Please forward cover letter and resume. Priority consideration will be given to resumes submitted with cover letters.
Inscopix is a neurotechnology company developing a platform and full stack for real-time brain mapping. Our vision at Inscopix is to drive new treatments to dramatically improve the health and well-being of people suffering from debilitating brain and nervous system disorders. Inscopix’s flagship products, nVista and nVoke, have been deployed in over 400 research institutions across the world resulting in over 100 top-tier scientific publications and empowering breakthroughs in Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, psychiatric disorders, chronic pain, and addiction. Based in Palo Alto, the Inscopix team brings together deep domain expertise in neuroscience, engineering, and data science. Advised and backed by industry luminaries and investors, Inscopix has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, and by Deloitte as one of North America’s fastest growing technology companies.
Inscopix is an equal employment opportunity employer.