Relativity is creating the first autonomous rocket factory. Our vision is to build the future of humanity in space – starting with rockets. We have an ambitious mission, and we understand that it takes a team to achieve it. This is why we are growing and looking for team members to join us that feel just as excited and driven to accomplish something that has not been done before, together.
We are expanding our Vehicle Engineering team! Relativity seeks a highly talented systems engineer to help achieve our ambitious goal of launching a 3D printed rocket. The successful candidate will have demonstrated technical excellence in cross-functional analysis, developing engineering processes and tools, and project delivery. This position is ideal for multidisciplinary engineers looking to make a broad impact in a small, high-performance team.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
As a founding member of the systems engineering team at Relativity, you will work collaboratively with team members across the organization while leading the development of Relativity’s engineering processes and tools to enable the design, development, and flight of the Terran 1 launch system. Additionally, you will help build an outstanding vehicle engineering organization at the cutting edge of commercial aerospace.
Projects and responsibilities could include any or all of the following:
- Conduct trade studies across vehicle systems to ensure vehicle performance and reliability are achieved.
- Contribute to all stages of the product lifecycle for both flight and ground systems. This will include developing requirements, system architecture, concepts of operations, integration and test storyboards, verification plans, and data analyses.
- Build, modify, or eliminate engineering process as a means to support an efficient, product-focused culture.
- Create or review engineering documentation including requirements, interface control documents, hazard analyses, test plans, and data reviews.
- Provide support and information to a variety of technical meetings including design reviews, test readiness reviews, change boards, and risk boards.
- Provide engineering expertise to solve technical problems at all levels.
In order to be successful in this role, you should be someone who thrives in ambiguity and is able to lead projects to completion. You are experienced in working across engineering disciplines to produce effective output and drive decisions at the interface of engineering systems. Ideally, you are someone who has come from a fast paced, aerospace environment, having completed difficult projects across the product lifecycle while collaborating effectively with a broad technical team.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- An undergraduate degree in engineering or related field at 3+ years relevant experience
- Experience performing cross-functional engineering and integration for complex systems
- Experience solving difficult problems with multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced environment
- Proven track record of contributing to project completion
- Expertise in modern systems engineering practices and tools
- Demonstrable written and oral communication skills
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Graduate degree (MS/PhD) in engineering or related field and 7+ years aerospace experience
- Hands-on experience in the design, integration, test, and operation of space vehicles
- History of taking an aerospace product from concept to production
- Strong desire to learn new subjects in order to solve difficult and often ambiguous challenges.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.