From our large format 3D printing to our mission ‘Command Center’, Relativity leverages automation and intelligent design across the company to execute smarter to scale with tomorrow’s challenges. To execute the increasing number of launches on our manifest, Relativity is seeking a rockstar mission manager to join our Operations team to manage commercial and government missions. With aspects of project management, product management, and systems engineering, this position requires extreme ownership to ensure missions are executed successfully using a breadth of knowledge across program management, mechanical and electrical satellite interfaces, and regulatory processes. If you are skilled program manager with hands-on engineering experience, a bias for action and are savvy with discerning customers in dynamic, technically challenging environments, please inquire further!
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives:
The mission manager is responsible for coordinating successful execution of our missions across all technical, programmatic, and financial milestones. Serving as the primary point of contact for our customers, the mission manager owns the customer relationship, mission requirements and verifications, and is responsible for seamless planning and execution of integration and launch for individual customer satellites on dedicated and multi-manifest missions. The mission manager transitions effortlessly between discussions with government and international customers about interface requirements, vehicle engineers about mission specific hardware development, and executives about program status, issues, and risks. Supporting our Business Development team, mission managers also perform sales engineering and mission architect functions for future missions, and are responsible for mission execution from time of contract signing through deployment on orbit.
An undergraduate or graduate degree (BS/MS/MBA/PhD) in engineering or related field and 10+ years relevant experience in program management. Adept at both establishing interface requirements and integration plans, as well as interfacing with executive and customer engineering teams. Skilled at identifying priorities and risks, establishing and executing complex integrated schedules, and coordinating work across a cross-functional organization. A high degree of autonomy and leadership is required.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies:
- 10+ years of experience in complex engineering services and program management.
- Demonstrated success managing government customers
- Exceptional leadership, organizational, cross-functional communication, and time management skills
- Ability to navigate ambiguity while maintaining relentless ownership and thinking critically
- Ability to travel to domestic and international locations to support customers, launch campaign operations, vendors, and conferences.
- Excellent oral, technical writing, and presentation skills
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Experience with CubeSats, space payloads, and separation systems.
- Previous mission management or mission Integration experience, with U.S. Government, NASA, or commercial launch contracts in particular
- Experience with legal contracts, export compliance and licensing (e.g. ITAR, EAR, TAA)
- Familiarity with orbital mechanics, launch vehicle systems, and satellite systems.
- Previous sales engineering or technical consulting experience including management of customer expectations in a startup or agile development environment.
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance preferred but not required.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.