Relativity is seeking a highly talented Welder to join a rapidly growing space startup. As a welder withing the Launch team, your responsibilities will include pad construction, fabrication, pipe welding, structural welding and launch operations to support the Terran 1 launch program. You will work closely with the pad engineering team, supporting fabrication and welding activities required to build and activate the launch site.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
At Relativity, we are redefining the way rockets are designed, built and flown. Starting with our proprietary and cutting-edge 3D printing technology, we aim to simplify and automate the manufacturing of rockets. This revolutionary approach enables us to make launch vehicles faster and more cost efficiently, allowing us to offer cost-efficient and short lead-time launch services to customers.
As a welder on the Launch Team, you will be at the forefront of creating a world class orbital launch site. In order to be successful in this role, you should be someone who is able to help lead projects to completion; ideally, you are someone who has come from a fast paced, aerospace environment, having completed difficult projects while collaborating effectively across various groups. The ability to perform work at the highest quality with minimal direction across all major technical disciplines is key.
On a day to day, your role will be to support welding, fabrication and pad construction on the launch site. You will also be responsible for providing feedback and communication with the pad engineering team to prevent issues and help improve the pad build/activation process.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- Proven experience as a welder (piping, tubing, and structural)
- Ability to determine the appropriate welding equipment
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures (TIG, MIG, etc.)
- Experience using electrical or manual tools
- Weld components in various positions (vertical, horizontal, or overhead)
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents, blueprints and drawings
- Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use PPE
- Ability to operate angle grinders and prepare parts for welding
- Experience and ability to perform part layout and fit-up
- Good communication skills
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to operate heavy equipment
- Must be able to lift 25-lbs
- Ability to perform other tasks and duties as directed
- Ability to travel up to 50% of time to support company projects as required
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Prior work experience in the aerospace industry
- Prior work experience in a fabrication shop or as a field erector
- Experience operating pressurized systems
- Experience with rigging, lifting and crane operations
- Experience as a technician, mechanic, or carpenter a plus
- Experience with general facility maintenance
- Experience/knowledge in construction / demolition activities
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.