Relativity is creating the first autonomous rocket factory. Our vision is to build the future of humanity in space – starting with rockets. We have an ambitious mission, and we understand that it takes a team to achieve it. This is why we are growing and looking for team members to join us that feel just as excited and driven to accomplish something that has not been done before, together.
We are expanding our Avionics team! We are seeking an eager, driven, and ambitious Avionics Electrical Engineer (Power Systems) to join us. This position will provide outstanding technical engineering in finalizing the design, test and verification and production of key parts of our power system for the Terran-1 Launch Vehicle, as well as test and launch facilities. you will be charged with participating our mission to create and innovate for the future. The successful engineer candidate will have experience with component selection, schematic capture and layout of printed circuit boards. The Electrical Engineer will have exposure to the full life-cycle of electronics from clean sheet to production. He/She will also have experience working in a fast paced environment, and be excited about owning key components on the launch vehicle.
Come join our mission of building humanity in space!
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives:
This Avionics Electrical Engineer (Power Systems) position will be responsible owning key components of the power distribution system for the Terran-1 Launch Vehicle Therefore, they will need to finish the development of the Low Voltage Power Distribution Box, as well as the entire development of the High Voltage Power Distribution Box. Then perform bring-up and verification on these components and well as shepherd them through production, and support their integration on the launch vehicle.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies:
- An undergraduate or graduate degree (BS/MS/PhD) in electrical engineering, or comparable and 2+ years relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability with the development, verification and production of power components
- Experience with both schematics and layout for electric circuits
- Experience developing test fixtures and tools to support integration activities
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Prior work on a launch vehicle or space systems
- Knowledge of Altium for schematic capture and layout
- Work with high voltage systems, with an understanding of associated safety precautions
- Knowledge of scripting and software development to support testing with associated troubleshooting skills
- Experience in a startup or agile development environment
- Knowledge and intuition of heat transfer with regards to circuit board design
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.