Relativity is creating the first autonomous rocket factory. Our vision is to build the future of humanity in space – starting with rockets. We have an ambitious mission, and we understand that it takes a team to achieve it. This is why we are growing and looking for team members to join us that feel just as excited and driven to accomplish something that has not been done before, together.
We are expanding our Avionics team! We are seeking an eager, driven, and ambitious Avionics Electrical Engineer (Wire Harness Design) to join us. This Avionics Electrical Engineer position will provide outstanding technical engineering in the design, integration, and testing of the Terran-1 Launch Vehicle, as well as supporting development of test and launch facilities for Relativity Space. Together with your team, as the Avionics Electrical Engineer, you will be charged with participating our mission to create and innovate for the future.
Come join our mission of building humanity in space!
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives:
As an Avionics Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for designing electrical harnessing and the placement of components within a segment of the launch vehicle. This person will own installation instructions, testing, and issue troubleshooting for this part of the vehicle and oversee production from start to finish, ensuring that the mission is both successful and delivered on-time. You should be able to adapt methods of harnessing production to 3D printing techniques in order to minimize the amount of variability in design from mission to mission.
The ideal candidate is someone that is excited to work on electrical harnessing and testing, but is also constantly looking to acquire more skills. They should have experience integrating and testing large, complex systems. They are focused on practicality, delivering their products promptly and on time, and taking full ownership of whatever falls in their jurisdiction. The candidate should be proactive and inquisitive to make the best judgments possible in any given situation. They strive to learn the ins-and-outs of existing processes and apply critical thinking skills to improve production capabilities. A successful candidate should be communicative, be respectful, strive to achieve compromise, and be flexible with their schedule.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies:
- An undergraduate or graduate degree (BS/MS/PhD) in aerospace, mechanical, or electrical engineering and 3+ years relevant experience.
- Electrical harness design and routing and mechanical design experience with CAD modeling software
- Experience with the bring-up and integration of the electrical system of large scale systems (e.g. car, plane, launch vehicle or satellite, ship)
- Experience developing electrical and mechanical test fixtures and tools to support integration activities
- Designed and oversaw production of harnessing to support test and production activities
- Willingness to travel to our test facilities at the Stennis Space Center and launch sites at Vandenberg and Cape Canaveral
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Teamcenter & NX experience
- Zuken E3 experience
- Prior work on a launch vehicle or spacecraft
- Knowledge of scripting and software development to support bring-up (e.g. Python, LabView, C / C++) with associated troubleshooting skills
- Experience in a startup or agile development environment
- Experience working with a hardware-in-the-loop system
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.