Virta is the first company with a clinically-proven treatment to safely and sustainably reverse type 2 diabetes and other chronic metabolic diseases without the use of medications or surgery. Our innovations in nutritional biochemistry, data science and digital tools combined with our clinical expertise are shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal. Our mission - to reverse type 2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025.
Virta is entering a phase of growth and strategic expansion. We need to build innovative and robust practice management systems to fully capture these opportunities. Our Practice Management Platform Product Manager will help us thoughtfully integrate Virta’s clinical practice and homegrown EHR systems with those from our enterprise customers, payors, and other industry-standard practice management systems. In essence, this PM will be building the technical backbone that enables Virta to maximize its commercial opportunity.
- Collaborate with commercial, finance, and clinical teams to understand key business problems and strategic opportunities and translate these into a coherent product roadmap
- Work closely with engineers to formulate, prioritize, and execute product solutions to key business problems
- Problem-solve with the product development team, internal stakeholders, as well as customers to identify solutions to unexpected challenges.
- Communicate across the company as needed to share strategy, provide updates, or react to situations.
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Establish strong relationships with the product development team members, as well as key stakeholders of the practice management function at Virta, particularly Finance and Support Operations, and Customer Success
- Build an understanding of the key business problems facing Virta’s practice management systems
- Formulate a point-of-view on the software landscape of Virta’s practice management systems, including key weaknesses to address, and key strengths to exploit
- Create a cohesive product roadmap that reflects areas of investment for the next 3-6 months
- 2-3 years of product management experience on a technical or data-focused product
- Prior experience working on internally-facing software products or enterprise software products
- Experience in the healthcare or finance industry is a plus
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
You take risks and rapidly iterate
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta's security and privacy procedures to ensure our patients' information remains strictly confidential. Security and privacy training will be provided.