Virta is the first company with a clinically-proven treatment to safely and sustainably reverse type 2 diabetes and other chronic metabolic diseases without the use of medications or surgery. Our innovations in nutritional biochemistry, data science and digital tools combined with our clinical expertise are shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal. Our mission - to reverse type 2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025.
We are looking for a product leader to join our mission-driven team. You will own key product areas for the Virta treatment, including biomarker tracking & devices, goals, content, care team tools. You will partner closely with our operations and clinical team including health coaches and providers to develop experiences for patients that seamlessly blend human input with software. The features you own will help drive health outcomes and retention for our patients.
- Play a key role in shaping the product strategy and roadmap for the Virta treatment
- Own major features from ideation through launch and optimization
- Own key metrics for patient success
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Own and launch major features on the product roadmap
- Set up actionable metrics dashboards, and use that data to inform product priorities
- Conduct in-person user research with multiple types of end users
- Build effective working relationships with UX design, Engineering, Operations and Clinical
- Develop a plan and roadmap for your second 90 days
- 3-5 years of Product Management experience delivering intuitive and impactful products for consumer internet companies, ideally including native mobile app experience
- Experience launching a new product line, or taking a product from 0-1 (entrepreneurial experience a plus)
- Strong consumer empathy and intuition around usability/visual design
- Experience at a company that blends tech and operations e.g. logistics, e-commerce, wearables, etc.
- Worked closely with Product Designers and Engineers on defining, building, and testing features and enhancements using agile product development methods
- Highly analytical and curious about understanding user behavior trends. Strong track record of metrics-driven decision making Experience A/B testing at both small and large scales is a plus
Virta’s company values drive our culture, so you’ll do well if:
- You put people first and take care of yourself, your peers, and our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership and take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego and understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency and promote trust and empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based and prioritize data and science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks and rapidly iterate
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta's security and privacy procedures to ensure our patients' information remains strictly confidential. Security and privacy training will be provided.