Leaf is on a mission to upend the way companies buy and sell transportation. Every year, billions of dollars, hundreds of megatons of carbon and millions of person-hours are wasted because the companies who ship goods and the companies who carry them aren’t upfront about their needs and abilities. Our platform finds ways for buyers and sellers to contract binding commitments for plannable and predictable freight and allows those contracts to be traded when needs change. In time, Leaf will become the hub through which the trillion-dollar American freight market is managed.
We are a team of experienced, smart, and mildly disagreeable troublemakers who like taking on unreasonably big challenges; we know how to build things, we’ve lived what’s broken in this industry, and we’re looking for bright, ambitious people to help us drag the transportation world kicking and screaming into the 21st century.
What does the Enterprise Account Executive do?.
The problems we solve every day are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. We are building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We're hiring tenacious sales executives who are passionate and energized by the vision to simplify and transform one of the largest and most complex industries through technology, data and a strong commitment to customers.
- Target companies (or engage your existing network) that will benefit from leveraging Leaf’s technology
- Build a robust pipeline of engaged, qualified prospects that understand our value by developing a keen sense of their pain points
- Develop a mastery of our proprietary platform and offerings and have a strong ability to demonstrate the benefits and abilities of both
- Close deals through their entirety, while working in conjunction with teammates from Leaf’s Analytics, Product, Customer Success, Operations and Finance groups
- Ensure successful transition with new clients to Leaf’s Customer Success Team
- Understand and support the policies and procedures of Leaf
Who makes a great Enterprise Account Executive?.
As an Enterprise Account Executive, you’ll be responsible for hunting down and closing Fortune 1000 companies, while developing strategic relationships throughout their organization. You will play a key role in our next phase of growth, as we continue to revolutionize an industry screaming for improved efficiency and innovation.
You should be fanatical to the point of unreason about delivering real, measurable value to our customers … and making sure that they appreciate it. Know when to be super aggressive (a Bull in a China Shop), and when to “wear white gloves”. Be able to present polished materials for customers and deliver them with style. Be willing to work with people you disagree with; be eager for criticism, and constantly searching for ways to do what you do better. Never be content with things the way they are, but don’t let the quest for something perfect prevent you doing what’s good enough. Have a sense of humor and be prepared to use it liberally.
- At least 5 years of Enterprise Sales experience
- Worked with Fortune 1000 companies
- Outside the box thinker and possess a highly competitive nature
- A passion for problem solving and are comfortable with ambiguity
- Not afraid to work hard and always want to go the extra mile
- Driven by numbers and not afraid of aggressive goals
- Team player with a burning desire to consistently win clients
- History of establishing powerful, long lasting relationships with key decision makers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- You have a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work exp.)
It’s helpful if you have:
- Significant experience around the buying, selling and/or management of transportation (particularly truckload)
- Proven track record of excellent performance, entrepreneurial initiative
- Ability to plan and manage at a strategic level, while executing at an operational level
- Ability to work both self-directed and collaboratively to deliver results in a fast paced, startup environment
- Unbelievably positive attitude, sense of humor and thick skin
- Consummate team player, able to wear multiple hats, and assist team members when needed
What we’re trying to do is hard, because we’re asking for big changes from people who are usually very comfortable doing things the way they’ve always been done. There is a lot of frustration, and it’s easy to put a lot of work into something that doesn’t bear fruit. But we’re here to put a big dent in a gigantic industry, something we’ll all be proud of a decade from now. We’re also a startup. Priorities change all the time, something’s always on fire, and there’s twice as much work to do as hands to do it. Its uncomfortable, new challenges surface constantly, and that means it’s up to you to manage how you spend your time in the midst of conflicting priorities.
We’re well-funded, with advisors and investors who’ve built legendary companies. But we’re also deploying that capital aggressively, so you should expect uncertainty and discomfort. If the above sounds daunting, you’re a perfectly sound and reasonable person who probably won’t fit in at Leaf. If this strikes you as an exhilarating environment, well, let’s talk.
Leaf offers a very comprehensive compensation package including competitive base salary, variable compensation and health benefits.
Leaf Logistics is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!