Frontend Software Engineer at Sentropy
Palo Alto, CA, US
The internet is a dangerous place. Sentropy builds technology to protect users from abusive content across the web.
From chatrooms for organizing ork raids, to forums where parents of disabled kids can turn for advice, to a new matchmaking app, online communities are the lifeblood of the internet. The more these spaces become part of our lives, the more important it is that we protect them from harmful content and abusive users. But when abuse evolves at the rate of the web, effective moderation becomes an expensive challenge that has never been solved at scale.
At Sentropy, we’re creating the future of scalable digital safety through powerful, intuitive tools built on top of advanced machine learning technologies that enable our users to detect, classify, and take action against harmful content. Our tech understands behavior in context and adapts in real-time to provide customers with cutting-edge protection. This enables platforms to focus on delivering the community experience they envisioned, instead of worrying about how to continuously defend against the unpredictable and unrelenting abuse that threatens their users.
Founded in 2018, we started with a vision of the technology that would power the next generation of safe digital communities - a future where anyone can develop relationships, connect with friends, and discover content without having to worry about the interactions that could harm them along the way. Today, Sentropy powers user safety at organizations big and small around the world. We’re a Series A company backed by a stable of top institutional investors, as well as founders and leaders of Reddit, Riot Games, Nextdoor, OpenAI, Twitch, Twitter, and a former head of government.
We're just getting started, and there’s a lot of internet left to protect. Come join us!
What you'll be working on
- Building a suite of tools to enhance the moderation efforts of our customers while also providing critical feedback loops to machine learning models
- Create beautiful, consistent, performant user interfaces and visualizations that allow our customers to discover, explore, and investigate trends across millions of interactions through predictable, reliable, and thoughtful interactions
- Collaborating with backend and infrastructure engineers to spec, write, test, and deploy code that integrates with real-time data streams and API endpoints
- Brainstorm features with product managers and designers and guide decisions based on your knowledge of the codebase
- (Bolded are the technologies we use)
- Experience with CSS/SCSS/LESS, GraphQL or REST APIs, and your choice of design framework (bootstrap, blueprint.js, etc.)
- Knowledge of best practices for writing testable and reusable code
- Familiarity with frontend testing frameworks (cypress), CI systems (codeship, gitlab), static code analysis, bundlers (webpack, parcel)
- Experience working on enterprise SaaS products or experience working on customer facing UIs.
What we offer
- Work from anywhere. Whether you prefer a home office, a co-working space, or a coffee shop, enjoy the flexibility of working from where you work best - anywhere in the US.
- Platinum healthcare. We provide platinum-level medical, dental, and vision insurance. We cover 99% of employee premiums and 95% of dependent premiums.
- Generous time-off policies. Take time when you need it to rest, relax, and recharge with unlimited PTO and 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave.
- Home office upgrades. Revamp your home setup on us. We cover home office upgrades to help you be productive and comfortable from wherever you’re working.
- Social and lifestyle allowances. Use our flexible allowance benefit to get a round with friends, take a gym class, cover your takeout and grocery bills, and improve your mental health and wellness.
- Team events. Distributed work is awesome, but so is getting together in-person. Hang out with your colleagues at planned team events around the country.