Head of Finance and Strategy at FarmWise
San Francisco, CA, US
We are passionate about changing the way food is grown by providing farmers with state-of-the-art technologies empowering them to be much more efficient. Feeding a growing world doesn’t mean using increasingly more chemicals. At FarmWise, we work hard to reconcile sustainability and scalability by leveraging artificial intelligence and robotics.
With 50 people and robots commercially deployed since 2020 on vegetable fields in the US we are one of the leading startups in our space in the world. We’re a diverse team of analytical problem-solvers who are deeply motivated by challenges and doing good. We value open communication and a dedication to self-improvement.
If you have unique talents, are looking for a meaningful cause to contribute your skills to and believe that the path forward to a sustainable future needs technology, we want to hear from you.
About the Role
As our main Finance and Business Operations leader, you will build, improve and manage FarmWise finance and business operations processes throughout the company.
You will own the key financial processes in the company and partner closely with business leaders across multiple functions including engineering, product, sales, and marketing to ensure the financial and operational rigor of the business.
You will play a central role in decisions affecting FarmWise’s go-to-market strategy as we accelerate through a phase of growth and success at scale. Your financial and strategic expertise will enable you to drive and push forward a strong data-driven culture throughout the company and influence our growth strategy.
- 3+ years experience in a financial role, including banking, or strategic consulting + 1+ years of business operation or finance experience at a start-up. MBA is a plus.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, extensive experience building integrated models from scratch, in Excel or in other planning applications; and experience resolving complex business problems with well-structured analytics
- Understanding of GAAP and revenue recognition principles
- A proven ability to identify and drive impactful financial outcomes, and to manage complex projects across multiple teams
- Familiar with standard cost accounting, and the ability to apply direct and indirect costs
- Knowledge of consolidation with a foreign entity
- A proven ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and to build strong working relationships
Nice to haves:
- Experience building KPI and business operations processes from scratch.
- Fluent with modern financial tracking tools and systems.
At FarmWise, in addition to working on stimulating challenges, we also offer the following benefits to support our team:
- Competitive salary and equity in the company
- 401k match program
- Health benefits (medical, dental, and vision)
- Flexible vacation & time-off policy
- Pre-tax commuter benefits