Computer Vision Engineer at FarmWise
We are passionate about changing the way food is grown by providing farmers with state-of-the-art technologies empowering them to be much more efficient. Feeding a growing world doesn’t mean using increasingly more chemicals. At FarmWise, we work hard to reconcile sustainability and scalability by leveraging artificial intelligence and robotics.
With 50 people and robots commercially deployed since 2020 on vegetable fields in the US we are one of the leaders of our space. We’re a diverse team of analytical problem-solvers who are deeply motivated by challenges. We value open communication and a dedication to self-improvement.
If you have unique talents, are looking for a meaningful cause to contribute your skills to and believe that the path forward to a sustainable future needs technology, we want to hear from you.
CONTEXT OF THE NEWLY CREATED FRENCH OFFICE
The newly created French office is in charge of building AI algorithms for FarmWise robots and a data platform for farmers. You will be part of a growing team of highly motivated engineers passionate about AgTech . You will have the opportunity to travel to California to familiarize yourself with the US agriculture ecosystem.
ABOUT THE WORK
- Drive high-level algorithm decisions on perception algorithms such as object detection, object matching, object tracking, and segmentation
- Design and implement state-of-the-art vision algorithms that work in a real-life environment
- Oversee the entire model development cycle by working from prototyping to deployment
- Develop and implement readable, maintainable and efficient production-ready code in Python
Beyond this set of responsibilities, you will be exposed to a broad variety of other challenges as they arise and you will need to discuss, brainstorm and work closely with backend engineers and robotic software engineers.
- BS/MS in software engineering, computer science, applied mathematics or related field. 2+ yrs. of professional experience in data science or a related field
- Strong background in computer vision and design of deep neural networks Proficient knowledge of Python and Tensorflow (or PyTorch)Ability to read, understand and implement research papers
- Proficient in software development best practices: code reviews, version control, and testing
- Experience with cloud computing services like AWS or GoogleCloudComputing
- Experience with Linux development environments
- Willingness to learn and expand your skills beyond your zone of comfort Experience implementing real-time algorithms on GPU/CPU is a plus
WHAT WE OFFER
- Be part of an international team and visit offices in California and Arizona
- Work with experts in their field who are passionate about having an impact in the world
- A remote friendly work policy.
- 1/ Coding challenge and HR Interview
- 2/ Technical phone call
- 3/ In person (or Visio) interviews with various team members
The entire process can be completed remotely and will be conducted in English
Come work on technology that will change food production forever!