At Branch, we’re transforming how brands and users interact across digital platforms. Our mobile marketing and deep linking solutions are trusted to deliver seamless experiences that increase ROI, decrease wasted spend, and eliminate siloed attribution. Our team consists of smart, humble, and collaborative people who value ownership over all we do to create a product, team, and company that lives and breathes our motto: Build Together, Grow Together, Win Together.
We are hiring a Staff Data Scientist for our Identity team in Redwood City, CA. In this role, you will be influencing the vision and implementation of machine learning systems that allow fraud detection using state of the art algorithms and help build an accurate identity graph. You will get to collaborate and work closely with product owners, software engineers, and business stakeholders to understand customer needs and product requirements to build an innovative robust solution.
As a Staff Data Scientist, you’ll get to:
- Be the primary data scientist responsible for feature engineering and modeling in order to predict users and their behavior related to ads to build an identity graph.
- Perform detailed analysis of various data sources including Branch’s multi-petabyte data lake to build models with enough intelligence for classification problems.
- Serve as a thought-partner in influencing the identity roadmap and strategy by identifying opportunities through deep-dive analyses and/or modeling.
- Perform analyses and develop models on ad targeting, ad performance and other aspects related to ads delivery.
- Collaborate with industry experts, data scientists, engineers as well as product managers for the development of the full life-cycle of identity-related features and models.
- Work with our tech stack which includes S3, Spark, FoundationDB, Postgres, Python, Java, Kubernetes, Airflow, Presto, and Aerospike.
You’ll be a good fit if you have:
- Experience with data mining, analyses, and modeling user behavior acquisition, engagement, and/or growth data.
- Strong coding skills in Python and familiarity with Spark.
- Expertise in innovative feature engineering.
- Experience deploying production models.
- An understanding of the trade-off between good enough vs perfect, with the constraints of time.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with technical and business stakeholders with demonstrated listening, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
A little bit about us:
- Branch has raised more than $330M from investors such as NEA, Founders Fund, and Playground Ventures.
- We are headquartered in Silicon Valley and have presence all over the world.
- Diversity at Branch ranks in the top 10% for similarly sized companies (by Comparably).
- In 2020, we are recognized as one of Forbes Best Startups, Great Places to Work, and Bay Area Best Places to Work.
- We have more than 3 billion monthly users and are partnered with over 50,000 apps.
If you think you’d be a good fit for this role, we’d love for you to apply! At Branch, we strive to create an inclusive culture that encourages people from different backgrounds to bring their unique, diverse perspectives to work. We aim every day to build an environment that empowers us all to do the best work of our lives, and we can’t wait to show you what we have to offer!