At Branch, we’re transforming how brands and users interact across digital platforms. Our mobile marketing and deep linking solutions are trusted to deliver seamless experiences that increase ROI, decrease wasted spend, and eliminate siloed attribution. Our team consists of smart, humble, and collaborative people who value ownership over all we do to create a product, team, and company that lives and breathes our motto: Build Together, Grow Together, Win Together.
We are expanding our Global Billing & Revenue Ops team and looking for an Analyst to thrive in a fast-paced and customer-facing environment. The Global Billing & Revenue Ops team provides global support to various cross-functional teams. You’ll work with internal stakeholders and external customers to ensure an effortless customer experience, while maintaining accuracy and proper revenue recognition for all billing transactions. You’ll get the opportunity to make an impact and create scale for a growing Finance organization. The Global Billing & Revenue Ops team supports the Sales, Deal Desk, Customer Success and Legal organizations, by performing contract reviews and approval of financial, billing, payment and tax terms. The Analyst will be hands-on and help lead in managing billing and revenue operations activities to support our global team.
As a Global Billing & Revenue Operations Analyst, you’ll get to:
- Manage global billing and revenue operations activities which include billing, accounts receivables (collections) and revenue management.
- Review commercial agreements, including sales orders, third party paper, and master service agreements. You will manage and oversee contracts from drafting all the way to execution.
- Analyze complex sales deals and determine revenue implications, as well as execute on approvals of non-standard terms.
- Streamline communication and monitor processes that are very important for the success of the sales cycle.
- Provide support with the processing of system transactions such as service provisioning (activation), cash applications, cancellations, and other service (e.g., Billing, Collections) related requests.
- Maintain accuracy, integrity, and completeness of the accounts receivable portfolio by resolving invoice disputes and collecting past due receivables.
- Ensure there is a timely response to internal and external billing inquiries with a ‘Customers First’ mentality, and enhance customer experience towards excellence.
- Advocate for the customer with good business sense, to strike a balance between protecting the company’s business interests and promoting customers’ need for superior customer experience.
- Establish appropriate controls and ensure Billing Operations are compliant with governing financial and tax regulations.
- Support the organization in developing and implementing procedures/policies to support the organization’s objectives in a way they can be enforceable, reduces organizational/operational expenses, and increases efficiency.
- Work cross-functionally to develop and optimize billing processes and systems for international markets.
- Prepare and analyze financial reporting to provide guidance for data driven decisions, including aging reports, DSO analysis, and revenue projections.
- Apply generally accepted accounting principles to ensure accurate revenue reporting.
You’ll be a good fit if you have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- A CPA, MBA or Masters in Finance a plus.
- 3+ years of experience in billing and revenue operations.
- Experience drafting and reviewing commercial agreements/contracts.
- A basic understanding of US GAAP accounting principles and revenue recognition rules (knowledge in ASC 606 a plus).
- A service-oriented mindset and are conscientious with attention to detail.
- Strong business writing and customer service experience.
- Effective problem solving skills and are a good decision-maker with the ability to work independently.
- A self-starter mindset and are able to thrive in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Willingness to be flexible with working hours given the global coverage of this role.
- Experience in SaaS or the Software industry.
A little bit about us:
- Branch has raised more than $330M from investors such as NEA, Founders Fund, and Playground Ventures.
- We are headquartered in Silicon Valley and have presence all over the world.
- Diversity at Branch ranks in the top 10% for similarly sized companies (by Comparably).
- We are ranked as the #3 fastest growing company in North America on Deloitte’s 2020 Technology Fast 500 list.
- In 2020, we are recognized as one of Forbes Best Startups, Great Places to Work, and Bay Area Best Places to Work.
- We have more than 3 billion monthly users and are partnered with over 50,000 apps.
If you think you’d be a good fit for this role, we’d love for you to apply! At Branch, we strive to create an inclusive culture that encourages people from different backgrounds to bring their unique, diverse perspectives to work. We aim every day to build an environment that empowers us all to do the best work of our lives, and we can’t wait to show you what we have to offer!