Nauto® is the only real-time AI-powered Driver Behavior Learning Platform able to help predict, prevent, and reduce high-risk events in the mobility ecosystem. By analyzing billions of data points from over 1 billion AI-analyzed video miles, Nauto’s machine learning algorithms continuously improve and help to impact driver behavior before events happen, not after. Nauto has enabled the largest commercial fleets in the world to avoid more than 25,000 collisions, resulting in nearly $180 million in savings.
Nauto is backed by Greylock Partners, BMW iVentures, General Motors Ventures, Toyota AI Ventures, SoftBank Vision FundGroup Corp, Allianz Group, Playground Global and DNX Ventures, and most recently closed $159M series B round. More information about Nauto is available at www.nauto.com, or on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
The Assistant Controller will be responsible for managing all core accounting functions with an emphasis on revenue and other technical accounting issues. The role will oversee revenue, order management, accounts payable, financial reporting, month end close, and annual audits. The Assistant Controller will be involved in various process improvement projects including system implementations or enhancements, and implementation/documentation of internal controls. This role will report to the VP/Controller and work closely with the CFO, cross-functional department leads, and key external partners.
- Serve as a “go-to” company resource for all things revenue recognition
- Review customer contracts to ensure consistent application of revenue recognition policies in accordance with GAAP
- Review non-standard contracts to determine the appropriate accounting treatment and document conclusions
- Partner with the sales team to assist in customer contract negotiations for revenue recognition optimization
- Develop accounting policies for certain items such as revenue recognition, costs to obtain contracts, capitalization of internal-use software, stock-based compensation, and others as needed
- Prepare technical accounting memos as necessary
- Identify areas for process improvement and assist or lead system automation and implementation projects
- Own the month-end close process including preparation and review of journal entries, account reconciliations, and fluctuation analyses
- Serve as the key liaison between external auditors and Nauto - manage the “PBC” list and delegate to appropriate members of the accounting team as well as other cross functional departments as needed
- Assist with the development, documentation and implementation of internal controls surrounding the procure-to-pay and quote-to-cash processes
- Oversight of day-to-day accounting activities such as accounts payable, cash management
- 10+ years of relevant progressive accounting experience including some combination of “Big 4” public accounting and industry, preferably in a fast growing startup environment.
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance
- Active CPA with excellent technical accounting skills, with a detailed understanding of GAAP standards
- Strong technical accounting knowledge in the area of revenue (ASC 606)
- Solid project management skills including attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple high priority tasks
- Proven track record leading cross-functional initiatives and engaging with strategic partners
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working NetSuite is a major plus
Ideal characteristics of the Assistant Controller:
- Enthusiastic self-starter who takes ownership over their work
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Expectation to “wear many hats” and support multiple projects
- Excited to take on new challenges and comfortable being uncomfortable - understand that “a smooth sea never made a skilled sailor”
- Independent problem solver
- Proactive and communicative
- Stock options
- Insurance coverage for health, dental, and vision, including qualified dependents
- Healthcare spending accounts (FSA, HSA)
- Commuter assistance
- Up to 20 weeks of parental leave
- Flexible PTO and Work from Home
- Ground floor opportunity with smart, motivated coworkers and team to shape the strategic direction of the company
- Free lunch, dinner, snacks, drinks, daily
- Fun activities like weekly happy hour, daily group workouts and occasional nerf battles. We even have a puzzle club!
- An opportunity for you, your friends, and your family to dogfood the Nauto device
- We are in the heart of Palo Alto, walking distance from the Caltrain station.
Nauto is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters learning from each other. We celebrate people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination.
To all recruitment agencies: Nauto does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Nauto employees or any other company location. Nauto is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.