Nauto® is the only real-time AI-powered Driver Behavior Learning Platform able to help predict, prevent, and reduce high-risk events in the mobility ecosystem. By analyzing billions of data points from over 1 billion AI-analyzed video miles, Nauto’s machine learning algorithms continuously improve and help to impact driver behavior before events happen, not after. Nauto has enabled the largest commercial fleets in the world to avoid more than 25,000 collisions, resulting in nearly $180 million in savings.
Nauto is backed by Greylock Partners, BMW iVentures, General Motors Ventures, Toyota AI Ventures, SoftBank Vision FundGroup Corp, Allianz Group, Playground Global and DNX Ventures, and most recently closed $159M series B round. More information about Nauto is available at www.nauto.com, or on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
The Sr. Accountant will be a key part of Nauto’s accounting team, reporting to the VP/Controller. This role will help to drive month-end close processes, including key balance sheet reconciliations as well as complete ownership of the AP process . This role will also play a critical role in other technical accounting issues, supporting annual financial statement audits, and other day to day operational activities as needed.
- General Ledger Accounting:
- Responsible for general accounting and assigned monthly close tasks including, but not limited to, the preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations, reserve, and other miscellaneous analysis. Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and completeness as it relates to the close process.
- Ensure daily cash tracking/reconciliation/reporting is complete.
- Assist with annual audit and tax workpaper preparation.
- Prepare ad hoc financial and operational reports as requested.
- Lead and perform system testing as required for various system and process improvement projects.
- Recommend, establish and maintain controls to ensure accuracy and provide safeguards.
- Provide financial support, interfacing with all levels of management and external vendors.
- Work with management in making financial decisions to achieve financial and operational goals.
- Complete other assigned duties and provide backup for other team members as necessary.
- Accounts Payable:
- Management of vendor records, ensuring compliance with 1099 reporting and record keeping (W-9s).
- Process PO invoices through 3-way match.
- Work closely with procurement and vendors to resolve discrepancies between the PO and invoices.
- Verify the accuracy of invoice data, vendor info, accounting code and department
- Compile accruals for month-end close.
- Reconciliation of AP subledger to GL.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 4 or more years mix of relevant experience
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Working knowledge of business tax laws and regulations. Understanding of financial reporting standards.
- NetSuite experience highly preferred
- SaaS experience preferred
- Fast-paced start-up environment experience is a big plus
- Ability to deliver timely and accurate results
- Ability to gather, analyze and determine implications of financial data and communicate effectively
- Must possess a keen eye for process improvement
- Proficient in computer applications including Microsoft Office, G-Suite, and query tools
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- CPA designation
- Experience in a public accounting firm
- Stock options
- Insurance coverage for health, dental, and vision, including qualified dependents
- Healthcare spending accounts (FSA, HSA)
- Commuter assistance
- Up to 20 weeks of parental leave
- Flexible PTO and Work from Home
- Ground floor opportunity with smart, motivated coworkers and team to shape the strategic direction of the company
- Free lunch, dinner, snacks, drinks, daily
- Fun activities like weekly happy hour, daily group workouts and occasional nerf battles. We even have a puzzle club!
- An opportunity for you, your friends, and your family to dogfood the Nauto device
- We are in the heart of Palo Alto, walking distance from the Caltrain station.
Nauto is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters learning from each other. We celebrate people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination.
To all recruitment agencies: Nauto does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Nauto employees or any other company location. Nauto is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.