Inscopix, a discovery phase neurotechnology company, is seeking an outstanding Product Manager to be responsible for advanced systems, platforms and software which enable greater understanding of the brain. The successful candidate will have a track record of driving innovation and thrive in a fast paced, high growth environment. The candidate will work with cross-functional teams and effectively be able to identify market opportunities, outline product requirements, and enable the worldwide sales organization. The dynamic Product Manager will work closely with Marketing Program Management and be a key member of the Marketing team. This position reports to the VP of Marketing.
Business Planning and Strategy
- Develop multi-year marketing strategies and product roadmaps to drive growth in the neuroscience market
- Define and maintain business plans, including market sizing, customer segmentation, competitive analysis, product definition and revenue projections, for innovative new products and applications
- Assesses market needs and gaps, opportunities and trends, competitive landscape, and technology landscape for the neuroscience market
Product Lifecycle Management
- Gather market intelligence, VOC (Voice of Customer), and work closely with development teams to implement learnings and define product requirements
- Drive product introductions through a phase-gate Product Development Process and outline business deliverables, from product concept to EOL
- Serve as primary customer advocate during product development and drive tradeoff decisions
Product Launch and Commercial Excellence
- Develop launch strategies and implement launch plans for new products in the portfolio, including development of key messaging and positioning
- Work in partnership with the outbound marketing team to outline demand generation strategies to maximize adoption by target market segments
- Conduct sales trainings and be the product champion for the commercial organization
- Drive cross-functional teams to develop and launch successful products, including development, program management, manufacturing, support and finance
- Create and foster a strong team spirit and serve as product champion internally, with the commercial organization, and with customers
- Coordinate relationships with key customers and partners to ensure success and adoption of Inscopix platforms and solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences; Degree in neuroscience preferred, advanced degree and/or MBA is a plus
- 5+ years of successful instrument product management; experience in neuroscience or life sciences is highly desirable
- Proven record of launching and sustaining products, ideally for neuroscience or life science markets
- Experience working in and driving gated product development and release processes
- Strong technical knowledge of products and applications with the ability to gain new knowledge quickly
- Experience working in cross-functional teams and the ability to influence across all levels of the organization
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present to diverse audiences
- Available for up to 25% business travel
Inscopix is a neurotechnology company developing a platform and full stack for real-time brain mapping. Our vision at Inscopix is to drive new treatments to dramatically improve the health and well-being of people suffering from debilitating brain and nervous system disorders. Inscopix’s flagship products, nVista™ and nVoke™ systems, have been deployed in over 400 research institutions across the world resulting in over 100 top-tier scientific publications and empowering breakthroughs in Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, psychiatric disorders, chronic pain, and addiction. Based in Palo Alto, the Inscopix team brings together deep domain expertise in neuroscience, engineering, and data science. Advised and backed by industry luminaries and investors, Inscopix has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, and by Deloitte as one of North America’s fastest growing technology companies.
Inscopix is an equal opportunity employer.
Inscopix welcomes and values diversity. Since our technology impact people of different backgrounds, thoughts and beliefs, we feel it’s critical to employ people that reflect the diversity of people our technology is set out to help. Employment decisions at Inscopix are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity and/or expression, ethnic or national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, marital or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical or genetic history or any other protected status. Inscopix is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.