Web 3D Interface Engineer (Remote) at Artificial
Palo Alto, CA, US
At Artificial, we are building a first-of-its-kind automation software platform to empower labs to go take their scientific ideas to reliable results faster and more efficiently. With our platform, labs can focus on their next idea, whether that’s developing gene therapies or scaling COVID-19 diagnostic testing, not their automation.
Artificial’s team is comprised of experts in life sciences, robotics, automation, and data, who have built digital tools and platforms for Space X ground control, CERN hadron collider, LEGO Mindstorms, and more. As we support and deploy our platform to customers, we’re looking for motivated people who are passionate about solving real-world problems and ready to make an impact.
Artificial is looking for a software engineer to help build web-based 3D tools for virtual visualization of labs so users can easily build out their lab’s digital twin. In this role, you will help design and build our platform to allow partners and customers to create, edit, and view 3D representations of their products and labs composed of robots and laboratory instruments.
- Help design, develop, and maintain distributed software systems that enable the creation of 3D virtual labs
- Develop a Three.js-based web interface that allows users to intuitively build a digital twin of their lab and compose virtualized devices to support our growing library of virtualized lab equipment
- Collaborate with the backend team to test and address the performance, scalability, usability, and reliability of the system
- Passion for and understanding of 3d computer graphics
- Solid grasp of mathematics for 3d object transformations
- Comfortable developing in a macOS environment
- Self‐starter and problem solver, willing to solve difficult problems and work independently when necessary
- A degree or study in software engineering or computer science is preferred, but equivalent experience is welcome.
- Familiarity with robotics and automation
- Comfortable working with Three.js
- Familiarity with Blender
- Strong appreciation for UI design aesthetics and attention to detail